ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to poke holes in a very reasonable theory, but my most recent contract for BRV passed in only 15 days and the closing can't happen until end of June, after sellers complete their early June trip. So they certainly weren't forced into a quick pass in my case. But I also haven't found evidence of a taken BRV contract in several months, from multiple brokers who post ROFR reports...so maybe BRV is an outlier?

As I said, it’s only a theory. With ROFR being such an unpredictable process I could be way off, but it makes a semblance of sense out of a process that can sometimes seem random for random’s sake!

At this point, having Disney take my contract would almost be a relief :rotfl:
That's exactly how I felt!! I just wanted to be notified so I could move on to other contracts...which I did, and my next contract passed in 15 days. Hope you get the right contract for your family, whether it's this one or another!

That's exactly how I felt!! I just wanted to be notified so I could move on to other contracts...which I did, and my next contract passed in 15 days. Hope you get the right contract for your family, whether it's this one or another!
You're more patient than I am. I already moved on to another contract. So now I have 2 of them out there! I keep trying to tell myself that my wife won't be THAT mad if they both pass :rotfl2:

At this point, having Disney take my contract would almost be a relief :laughing:

I definitely felt this way on our first contract that was taken. I expect our current contract to be taken as it’s ridiculously cheap and I’m not counting the days. I fully anticipate this one to go to the end of April as it without doubt will go to the ROFR panel.

Oh my goodness--I had no idea what I was getting myself into as far as this waiting game goes. Ours is a much-delayed closing, and I did not realize until reading this that (maybe) Disney has the right to wait until 14 days prior to closing. I don't think my heart could take it if we have to wait that long.

We are trying for the extended OKW, and paying a premium for that extended contract--maybe Disney has no interest in those? I have no idea.

Oh my goodness--I had no idea what I was getting myself into as far as this waiting game goes. Ours is a much-delayed closing, and I did not realize until reading this that (maybe) Disney has the right to wait until 14 days prior to closing. I don't think my heart could take it if we have to wait that long.

We are trying for the extended OKW, and paying a premium for that extended contract--maybe Disney has no interest in those? I have no idea.
It appears Disney has the right to take all the way up until closing day.

There's another thread where someone posted the official rules. If you put your closing date at 6 months out, they can decide to take 6 months to render an ROFR decision. Which is ridiculous.

It appears Disney has the right to take all the way up until closing day.

There's another thread where someone posted the official rules. If you put your closing date at 6 months out, they can decide to take 6 months to render an ROFR decision. Which is ridiculous.

Ah, so I was almost right then. So can the broker shorten the closing date to try and hurry Disney up?

For those that have had their contracts taken, how long did it take to get your deposit back? If paid by credit card, what form of payment did you receive?

Ah, so I was almost right then. So can the broker shorten the closing date to try and hurry Disney up?
I don’t see why they couldn’t. Disney requires 30 days notice before the closing date. I don’t see how they could possibly complain if the contract only gave them that bare minimum amount of time to work with.

I would use Fidelity again for the same reasons you list here, RamblinWreck BUT I would definitely request a different title company other than First American Title :crazy2: Thanks to this thread I now know I can do that :goodvibes Waiting 7 WEEKS after passing ROFR just to receive my closing documents was totally ridiculous :furious:

100% agree. Would use Fidelity again and go with Mason likely. Their contracts are the most competitive for sure. I called First American up yesterday on contract status and she emailed me today stating I should have them tomorrow. Not holding my breath though but maybe I will be surprised.

Last edited:
100% agree. Would use Fidelity again and go with Mason likely. Their contracts are the most competitive for sure. I called First American up yesterday on contract status and she emailed me today stating I should have them tomorrow. Not holding my breath though but maybe I will be surprised.

When did you pass rofr? I’m waiting on closing docs from first American as well. How did you get their contact info? Just googling or did your fidelity rep give it to you? I don’t have it and was hoping you could share it with me so I can follow up on your ours. We are st almost three weeks since passing rofr. Thanks!

For those that have had their contracts taken, how long did it take to get your deposit back? If paid by credit card, what form of payment did you receive?
I paid by credit card and had one taken in February. The deposit was returned within a few days of my request to my broker, and it was put back on the credit card. I had this a few years back as well and that title company sent me a check, instead of refunding to the card. So I think it varies by title company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter