ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize I probably could've rented them for more, but that does take some time and effort on my part (and I'm a rentor who puts a lot of time and effort into my rentees :) ), and this was just an easy "sign here, get your money." so we decided to do that. I'd have preferred $24/point, mind you, but I don't get to set Disney's prices, lol. If it had been less than $20, I definitely wouldn't have done so. :)

I did debate about keeping them, but we weren't expecting to make this purchase at this time, so we decided taking advantage of MB to reduce the cost of buying in was the way to go this time around.
No no your thought process is very valid I forget bureaucracy comes with a cost so the hassle might not be worth the potential up charge!

WhenIsOurNextTrip---$125-$17223-125-BLT-Aug-8/23, 125/24, 125/25 - sent 1/22

Adding on at BLT, pricing seems to have come down so much from what I paid resale 4 years ago. Crossing my fingers for a nice refurb with Murphy beds in the next year or two.
Great price !

This is why 80% of our Aulani points are resale, but almost half of out WDW points are direct. Aulani is also a different UY. We look at the Aulani resale points as just there for Aulani (the direct points were added to hit a specific number of points for OV 2BR). They don't need to be combined with our other points, and we'll never need to worry about using them at any post-Riviera resorts. They're for Aulani. We DO have more WDW direct points so that we CAN reserve at any new resorts, and can combine points at 7 months, etc. WDW points need to do an entirely different job.

$309-$9106-27-VGC-Oct-0/23, 10/24, 27/25-SELLER- sent 1/27
I saw this one but as is the case with all small contracts on the west coast, too rich for my blood. Nicely sized for a three day trip once every three years so lucky them 🎉.
Good luck with your 35er.

So if a guide is calling saying they have VGC points available, direct. I assume that means Disney actually bought back points from someone and not everything is going through ROFR? Interesting. I wonder what price they are buying them back at.

So if a guide is calling saying they have VGC points available, direct. I assume that means Disney actually bought back points from someone and not everything is going through ROFR? Interesting. I wonder what price they are buying them back at.

There could be other ways they got them back besides ROFR. If they did pay, I am sure it was pretty low.

Or someone defaulted (didn’t pay their dues) and Disney took it back. Or things of that nature. But, yes, could also have been taken back in ROFR.

I don’t think the margin is large enough to make it worth it given everything else they have to sell.
I would be surprised if the people wanting to pay $310 for VGC were willing to pivot resorts simply because it was unavailable…but I guess at least some buy VDH or they wouldn’t be leaving $60/pt on the table.

While it might not be worth it for contracts under 50 points, anything more than and you’re talking > $3000 for a couple hours of your guides’ time. A pretty good return.

I would be surprised if the people wanting to pay $310 for VGC were willing to pivot resorts simply because it was unavailable…but I guess at least some buy VDH or they wouldn’t be leaving $60/pt on the table.

While it might not be worth it for contracts under 50 points, anything more than and you’re talking > $3000 for a couple hours of your guides’ time. A pretty good return.

I meant not DVD's time to worry about the small amount of people who want VGC to go through what it takes to ROFR them and try to sell.

I know that someone waiting for a VGC is not going to buy other products, but if DVD has lots of other resorts to sell, they don't need to worry about the few thousand they might make through taking a VGC resale.

I’m not following the logic here— Disney (DVD) is a profit seeking corporation so it doesn’t make sense for them to leave the money in the table if they can easily pad revenue and slightly increase overall profitability. Plus, the higher they keep VGC (while also making a profit!) the more likely marginal buyers buy in VDH direct at $230 instead of VGC resale at $300. If I ran the division, I’d start getting direct contracts signed while VGC resale is kicking around the in ROFR queue, waiting until the ink dries on recission period to yoink the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter