ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the seller on this one:

Lorana---$106-$11349-100-SSR-Sep-0/23, 0/24, 100/25-SELLER;delayed closing 2/27- sent 1/23

Got an offer 2 days after listing (originally listed for $109), and we're still coming out ahead on this one. It's only a small amount towards our VGC which is in ROFR now, but we're looking at it as more swapping out our dues. (Though DH asked why I didn't just keep all the points). And much as we do make use of SAP, I think we wanted to swap our SSR for a resort we want 11 month priority for anyway. Our reason for SSR as SAP before is wanting 11-month for Treehouse Villas, but those almost always are available at 7 months anyway.

I think the BWV sellers need to reevaluate their price point because of the years left. They will be selling for less and less, they should accept reasonable offers while they still can.
Because the point chart is so low and the resort is in such demand rental wise BWV is not going to fall like we all hope or believe it should. I have been watching BWV for over a year hoping to get what I deemed a worth it deal in my UY and finally found it at $115 for 100 points. Signed the contract two weeks ago. Since then I have still been watching prices and have been ahead of the curve especially for a small contract and $115 was my max. I am beyond happy to hopefully own BWV but at 15.50 a point for 2024, it is still $0.50 to $0.75 a point higher than I hoped.

The advice I have for people is find a BWV contract you deem worth it and scoop it up or start looking elsewhere if you are hoping for a “deal” or a “steal”.

Because the point chart is so low and the resort is in such demand rental wise BWV is not going to fall like we all hope or believe it should. I have been watching BWV for over a year hoping to get what I deemed a worth it deal in my UY and finally found it at $115 for 100 points. Signed the contract two weeks ago. Since then I have still been watching prices and have been ahead of the curve especially for a small contract and $115 was my max. I am beyond happy to hopefully own BWV but at 15.50 a point for 2024, it is still $0.50 to $0.75 a point higher than I hoped.

The advice I have for people is find a BWV contract you deem worth it and scoop it up or start looking elsewhere if you are hoping for a “deal” or a “steal”.
I don’t think you have found the right site. It is not some of the popular ones on here, still listing at $130pp. Just this week I’ve seen several under $115pp. They most certainly are going down because of their length and the uncertainty of contract end plan.

I don’t think you have found the right site. It is not some of the popular ones on here, still listing at $130pp. Just this week I’ve seen several under $115pp. They most certainly are going down because of their length and the uncertainty of contract end plan.
You are wrong and I am using a database search not a site. Most of those that are $110 or less are very large or stripped.

Good decision and deal! I sold my VGC to buy VDH to get the direct member benefits. We went in December and I was happy with VDH and it was the right decision for us since we spend time between boat coasts. But, I still love and prefer VGC if we were only going to be on the west coast. There is just something so special about the Grand Cal. Congrats!

Thanks. I dont really do west coast very often. In fact I think I have only been there around 4 times. Im still in the 10 day period so still considering whether to cancel.

Am I doing it just for the sake of it? Im not tempted by the CFW but I will be buying Poly 2 as I stay in 1BR usually

I'm the seller on this one:

Lorana---$106-$11349-100-SSR-Sep-0/23, 0/24, 100/25-SELLER;delayed closing 2/27- sent 1/23

Got an offer 2 days after listing (originally listed for $109), and we're still coming out ahead on this one. It's only a small amount towards our VGC which is in ROFR now, but we're looking at it as more swapping out our dues. (Though DH asked why I didn't just keep all the points). And much as we do make use of SAP, I think we wanted to swap our SSR for a resort we want 11 month priority for anyway. Our reason for SSR as SAP before is wanting 11-month for Treehouse Villas, but those almost always are available at 7 months anyway.
You got about 20% more than I would be willing to pay for a similar contract. Good for you.

I am looking at SSR contracts with only 2025 points and I want to pay around $85 per point.

You are wrong and I am using a database search not a site. Most of those that are $110 or less are very large or stripped.
I’m with @wilkydelts on this. BWV has a very low point chart and it is one of the highest per point values— some have found stay dates where each point is worth over $70/pt— even if you back out $10/yr for annual dues, you can easily net $25-30/pt (and less easily get over $50/pt)— so below $100/pt you can make your buy in cost back in 3-4 years and double it in less than 6 if you’re determined. If you love BWV and visit at least every 2 years, $100, even $125 is a no brainier. For that reason I think BWV fans (and commercial renters) will be eager to buy if it gets below $100 for at least another 5-6 years. I’m less confident how the final 10 years of the contract will play out.

You got about 20% more than I would be willing to pay for a similar contract. Good for you.

I am looking at SSR contracts with only 2025 points and I want to pay around $85 per point.
One thing I think that helped is a lot of people are pricing SSR so much higher than I would want to pay for it, too. It made me look good in comparison. Even with no points till 2025.

For comparison, we bought this contract for $95/point resale in 2021.

And our 50pt is now off to the ROFR race. (I’m the seller). If both of these close, I’ll have to take SSR off my signature
:-)

Lorana---$120-$6749-50-SSR-Sep-0/23, 0/24, 50/25-SELLER;delayed closing 2/27- sent 1/23

Tom - Personally, I'd be offering no more than $70 for SSR with only 2025 points. Using the pricing tool @ dvcrofr.com and plugging in 150 points & Jun UY (just guesses) gives $70 as being in the top 25% of accepted offers ($62 in the top 10%). Just in Nov., I got a Feb SSR contract with almost all 2023 points and all 2024 points and forward for $80. Originally I was also looking at stripped contracts but sellers didn't want to meet my price so I change tactics and went after contracts with loaded points.

Tom - Personally, I'd be offering no more than $70 for SSR with only 2025 points. Using the pricing tool @ dvcrofr.com and plugging in 150 points & Jun UY (just guesses) gives $70 as being in the top 25% of accepted offers ($62 in the top 10%). Just in Nov., I got a Feb SSR contract with almost all 2023 points and all 2024 points and forward for $80. Originally I was also looking at stripped contracts but sellers didn't want to meet my price so I change tactics and went after contracts with loaded points.
I wish that tool separated subsidized vs unsubsidized AUL contracts…. it really throws off the pricing….

I have time since I do not need the points for some time so for now, I will bid aggressively. I have to be honest I can understand where sellers are coming from though there are more SSR contracts over $100 than under $90 being recorded on the Orange County site.

And our 50pt is now off to the ROFR race. (I’m the seller). If both of these close, I’ll have to take SSR off my signature
:-)

Lorana---$120-$6749-50-SSR-Sep-0/23, 0/24, 50/25-SELLER;delayed closing 2/27- sent 1/23
For reference, I paid $104/point for these back in 2021. It had full current year points and beyond when I bought it.

For the 100pt contract, it looks like when I bought it at $94/point, it had 86pts in current year and full in years beyond. (yes, I did put all of that into my DVC tracking spreadsheet, lol).

Do we think a 200pt VGF @ $145pp would pass ROFR?

My wife and I were having a bottle of wine with dinner last night and I might have made a full price offer on a contract after my wife said that she would consider letting us do spring break at WDW in 2025…… it might be being sent over to the seller as I type this….

Do we think a 200pt VGF @ $145pp would pass ROFR?

My wife and I were having a bottle of wine with dinner last night and I might have made a full price offer on a contract after my wife said that she would consider letting us do spring break at WDW in 2025…… it might be being sent over to the seller as I type this….

Sounds like we are going to find out! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter