ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm the seller on this one:

Lorana---$106-$11349-100-SSR-Sep-0/23, 0/24, 100/25-SELLER;delayed closing 2/27- sent 1/23

Got an offer 2 days after listing (originally listed for $109), and we're still coming out ahead on this one. It's only a small amount towards our VGC which is in ROFR now, but we're looking at it as more swapping out our dues. (Though DH asked why I didn't just keep all the points). And much as we do make use of SAP, I think we wanted to swap our SSR for a resort we want 11 month priority for anyway. Our reason for SSR as SAP before is wanting 11-month for Treehouse Villas, but those almost always are available at 7 months anyway.
Congratulations on the quick sale. Are you able to say where you sold? https://www.dvcresalemarket.com ? I was thinking of selling a similar contract and would love to get that price.

Found my holy grail this morning. Made an offer and it's already been sent to ROFR. I made a full price offer since small contracts in the August use year have been hard to come by.

HockeyMomNH---$122-$9076-70-BWV-Aug-58/23, 70/24, 70/25- sent 1/19

Now I need to stop looking at contracts if I want to stay married! Lol!
LOL! I said the same thing to myself!😂 I wasn't even looking to add points, not until maybe another couple years. Well, I came across a 25pt BLT that I just can't say no!

Congratulations on the quick sale. Are you able to say where you sold? https://www.dvcresalemarket.com ? I was thinking of selling a similar contract and would love to get that price.
I’d sell with DVC Resale Market. They will always fight for the highest price. I wouldn’t buy there for the same reason unless something looked like a deal. We bought there during the pandemic and got SSR for peanuts but since they always have the highest prices. Good for seller.

Well my friend, respectfully disagree.

Just had our 200pt offer accepted at $105pp. Fully loaded. Now we wait. :)
Congrats but finding a unicorn does not prove your point.

To almost everyone on this site when I stated "Most of those that are $110 or less are very large or stripped." would agree that 200 points is considered large.

And by your logic I should be holding strong to save $1000. When divided by 18 years is $55.56. LOOK OUT!

That one was ours. We were so thrilled! :) Additional context: seller paid 2024 dues on all remaining points, which brought the effective price to just below $145. So I think they might have a good chance!
Not going to lie, I wish I found this board before I submitted my contact. I was feeling good about my 162 until I saw yours, but I was already too far in to back out. It was also loaded, so I can't be too upset.

To almost everyone on this site when I stated "Most of those that are $110 or less are very large or stripped." would agree that 200 points is considered large.

And by your logic I should be holding strong to save $1000. When divided by 18 years is $55.56. LOOK OUT!
I wouldn’t consider this finding a unicorn. Another poster had a very fully loaded 200 pt contract for $104pp.

I am talking all Boardwalk contracts. You are talking small contracts. Regardless, the numbers will come down in the next few years. You’ll always pay a higher price for 70 or less points but even that number is going down.

I personally wouldn’t pay more than I paid and stayed firm when they countered higher, I decide what my price point is and keep looking until I find a seller who is willing to meet me. I’ve gotten fantastic deals this way on all of my 3 contracts. This actually gave me pause because it’s not what I value BWV at but I wasn’t going to count hairs either.

Now we wait!! :)

Not going to lie, I wish I found this board before I submitted my contact. I was feeling good about my 162 until I saw yours, but I was already too far in to back out. It was also loaded, so I can't be too upset.
Rent the extra points and you will get to a better valuation. Or… go on more vacay! Either way, a loaded contract is great and now you know tricks for next time :)

And let us not forget, Disney can tell us to pound sand! Did yours pass yet? So we shall see!! 🤞

Rent the extra points and you will get to a better valuation. Or… go on more vacay! Either way, a loaded contract is great and now you know tricks for next time :)
I'm not heartbroken over it. I felt like I got a good deal and felt like those below me got an even better deal. It's my first contract, I'll definitely be a bit more picky next time. But I also realized that I probably wouldn't have my contract ROFR'ed, so I was just waiting for the "you passed" email.

I'm not heartbroken over it. I felt like I got a good deal and felt like those below me got an even better deal. It's my first contract, I'll definitely be a bit more picky next time. But I also realized that I probably wouldn't have my contract ROFR'ed, so I was just waiting for the "you passed" email.
Fully loaded at $162 is a much better value than stripped at $145 assuming there is at least one whole year you didn’t pay dues on (and you will actually use the points). It’s about even if not loaded or and simply not stripped.

$162 with previous and current years points is a great deal… especially if you didn’t pay dues on the previous years points. With a rental value of at least $16-19pp that equals out to $146 to $143 compared to one with no previous year’s points. Well done!

Do we think a 200pt VGF @ $145pp would pass ROFR?

My wife and I were having a bottle of wine with dinner last night and I might have made a full price offer on a contract after my wife said that she would consider letting us do spring break at WDW in 2025…… it might be being sent over to the seller as I type this….
Putting in an offer on a WDW Resort?!?! What has gotten into you 😱😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter