ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point chart isn’t that crucial, I’m looking at 15-18 points ( most likely 15/night, 90% of the time) so 60pts for 4 nights or 75 for 5 nights is what I’m using for planning, which I would also have another contract I can try for more nights (if needed/wanted) at 7months which is usually available already. I barely need 11months priority, so it should work out fine, plus I love split stays. :)
They can also limit banking/borrowing and there has been talk that they could start to do so on the 2042s in anticipation of people stripping the contracts and walking away the last year without paying dues.

They can also limit banking/borrowing and there has been talk that they could start to do so on the 2042s in anticipation of people stripping the contracts and walking away the last year without paying dues.
I wonder if they will let people borrow points, but have them pay the dues on them? This way people with small contracts would be able to use their points for a "Last Grand Vacation?.

I wonder if they will let people borrow points, but have them pay the dues on them? This way people with small contracts would be able to use their points for a "Last Grand Vacation?.
Right…. but that is what everyone will try to do…

Ummm, do as I say, not as I do? Direct for $100 more, even getting 25 "free" 2023 points was not enough incentive to go Direct "for me" on a tighter budget. Plus, wanted the OCT Use Year. YMMV

TinkAgainU---$140-$4142-25-BWV-Oct-0/22, 0/23, 25/24, 25/25- sent 2/12

Oof. I didn't realize that was something they could change. We don't plan to go to WDW every single year so I don't know what we'll do if that happens. Try to sell the contract, I guess?

Yeah but then what would we do on the years we don't travel? Rent them out or something?
@AstroBlasters is saying that if (and it's a big "if") they decided to limit banking and borrowing in anticipation of the 2042 resorts expiring, Disney likely wouldn't do it until around 2040, which leaves at least 15 years before said restrictions MIGHT be enacted.

@AstroBlasters is saying that if (and it's a big "if") they decided to limit banking and borrowing in anticipation of the 2042 resorts expiring, Disney likely wouldn't do it until around 2040, which leaves at least 15 years before said restrictions MIGHT be enacted.

OOH. thanks. I misunderstood. I thought it was possible that they would set limits sooner than that. If it's just the end...I'm not too worried then. Phew!

Lorana(seller)---$319-$12154-35-VGC-Oct-0/23, 35/24, 35/25- sent 2/12

Wow. People weren't kidding when they said those small contracts go for top dollar! Nice! (Well, for you. Not so much for me who wants a small contract...ha!)

Wow. People weren't kidding when they said those small contracts go for top dollar! Nice! (Well, for you. Not so much for me who wants a small contract...ha!)
It makes me wish I had held out longer on the 27-point contract, instead of accepting the offer at $309/point!
It "helps" that VGC is nearly impossible to get Direct Points. I'm still in shock we got ours, and thus am still in disbelief I'm selling our small Oct UY Contracts!

Tub - so from my digging it seems like I could potentially score one of the alternate layouts!
Yes! We much prefer the walk-in showers, but we ultimately decided to buy our fixed weeks in the Tub Studios so we had a chance at the alternate layouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter