ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I've been looking ever since we went off to ROFR 🤣 I don't think we'll add on just yet though, we need to see how well this works for us as SAP first. But I definitely wonder when/if they will start taking more than VGF. I want to get what we want before that!
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I’m less sure ROFR will come back like it used to, maybe ever! Here are a few reasons:

2023 Direct Sales were strong - With NO ROFR and relatively lower resale prices DVC had a fantastic direct sales year. If low resale prices don’t hurt direct sales AND they have a lot of direct inventory to sell and more on the way, I see it as unlikely they will commit capital to buying back resales (except strategically when convenient)

ROFR is expensive - My understanding is the margins are a lot higher for Disney selling a new or renovated property than it is to try to flip a ROFR when all costs are considered.

Resale prices have stabilized - as I predicted, prices have more or less hit their equilibrium. Without a major change in economic conditions or demand for Disney, I believe prices are unlikely to drop significantly further. If that is true, there is still a healthy resale market for DVC and so they continue to maintain the brand without needing to engage in ROFR.

They are trying to drive direct vs. resales sales through resale restrictions - This is a long term strategy not a short term tactic. Unrestricted direct points will become more important the closer we get to 2042 when 5 resorts drop completely.

Just my $0.02

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/blo...ry-24/?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=dvcfan

Disregard if someone posted already. The lack of ROFR “heralds a concerning moment for the Disney Vacation Club product.…..which is a concerning trend for the long-term health and perception of the DVC marketplace.”

Is this the beginning of the end 😩
Disney not ROFR contracts and the restrictions is a change in their marketing strategy to put the focus on selling the "new" resorts where they make the most profit.

The lack of ROFR may be slowly lowering prices, but we are still a long way from the bargain basement approach of other timeshares.

Staying on property at Disney will always have a certain amount of cachet. I sincerely doubt that we are going to see these go to $1 on eBay ever.

Where I do think Disney has to be careful is ensuring that the DVC properties hold at least "some" value... Without that, they will end up like so many of these other timeshare products that can't expand anymore because the reputation they have is the timeshare is a ripoff.

I completely agree. Some of their marquee resorts have a massive lifespan left on their contract, even SSR still has 30 years remaining on the contract. Wanting to reinvent the process to capitalize on funds and DVC aside there will always be an inherent value to staying on Disney property. Disney can not undermine their own bookings by allowing DVC resale to become short term buy and dump process or so cheap that their would never be a reason to book cash or buy direct. It is all a math equation that I am sure Disney is monitoring closely to ensure they are not dooming their bottom line.

3 out of 4 of my contracts being sold have passed ROFR. Hopefully I get all 3 closing docs before Saturday so I can do one stop to the notary before we head to Disney on Sunday.

Lorana (seller)---$106-$11349-100-SSR-Sep-0/23, 0/24, 100/25-delayed closing 2/27- sent 1/23, passed 2/14
I am still waiting on the buyer to send funds for this to actually close out. I’m hoping this isn’t a sign the buyer is silently backing out.

I hadn't been planning on buying more points any time soon but our daughter will be starting the cultural rep program in June and I'm sure my wife will be wanting to make quite a few trips down over the next year, so here I am again.

JETSDAD---$70-$15746-190-OKW-Jun-16/23, 380/24, 190/25- sent 2/20
JETSDAD---$70-$15746-190-OKW-Jun-16/23, 380/24, 190/25- sent 2/20, passed 3/6

Happy to get these points to use and then likely resell the contract.

I am still waiting on the buyer to send funds for this to actually close out. I’m hoping this isn’t a sign the buyer is silently backing out.
Bummer. The price was decent (there are always a few for less and a few for more out there). Sadly, there are some Very low SSR out there that may be making them second guess. I have one in escrow that is overpriced (I'm the idiot Buyer) that I will let close just to avoid the stress lol. Fingers crossed for you, or that you and the broker are at least splitting the deposit ... the Buyer would have to get a pretty substantial "deal" on another contract to offset their 10% deposit loss if that's what they paid for the deposit.

Last edited:
The lack of ROFR may be slowly lowering prices, but we are still a long way from the bargain basement approach of other timeshares.

Staying on property at Disney will always have a certain amount of cachet. I sincerely doubt that we are going to see these go to $1 on eBay ever.

Where I do think Disney has to be careful is ensuring that the DVC properties hold at least "some" value... Without that, they will end up like so many of these other timeshare products that can't expand anymore because the reputation they have is the timeshare is a ripoff.

To your last point I had just seen a job posting on their careers site titled "Club strategy & development manager, Disney Vacation Club" so someone here who is already a member should apply and make sure the path forward makes sense for current owners and future buyers so that this doesn't follow that same route.

UPDATE!

disneydad7281231---$112-$28887-250-PVB-Feb-0/23, 0/24, 250/25, 250/26- sent 2/19 PASSED 3/4
Congratulations! I was waiting to hear about this.

If Poly2 and PVB are together you hit the Powerball, you could probably flip it and make good money or just have great vacations book at the new spot at 12 months.

If not, what a steal for PVB, really amazing!

Congratulations! I was waiting to hear about this.

If Poly2 and PVB are together you hit the Powerball, you could probably flip it and make good money or just have great vacations book at the new spot at 12 months.

If not, what a steal for PVB, really amazing!
I will be doing back flips if Poly2 is included but was buying with the intention it won’t be. I’m still shocked we got it so cheap.

Another contract submitted ...

BeachGuy---$120-$39480-300-BCV-Feb-0/23, 269/24, 300/25, 300/26-Prorated 24 MF Dues- sent 2/21

It's now time to just wait and see what ROFR does with my four outstanding contracts.

All four contracts now through ROFR ...

BeachGuy---$120-$39480-300-BCV-Feb-0/23, 269/24, 300/25, 300/26-Prorated 24 MF Dues- sent 2/21, passed 3/6

Where is everyone finding the .jpeg DVC resort logos that are included in some of your message signatures/footers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter