ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I agree with that statement. It depends on the WHY people are buying BLT, CCV or SSR. Not everyone wants or needs a longer contract or cares about the location. Comparable annual dues and a much lower buyin. Some owners, like myself, just want SAPs and don't have to worry about the 11 month booking window. Why would I pay more for that?

I agree with you and that's why we did the SSR.

All things being equal I'd buy BWV. Love the resort, love the location and everything about it honestly.

But, BWV has a 2042 and it's really hard to get unless you do the 11 month. now, we'd probably book 11 months out but I guarantee our dates would change. So, in the end the SSR works great for us.

I agree with you and that's why we did the SSR.

All things being equal I'd buy BWV. Love the resort, love the location and everything about it honestly.

But, BWV has a 2042 and it's really hard to get unless you do the 11 month. now, we'd probably book 11 months out but I guarantee our dates would change. So, in the end the SSR works great for us.
I might buy BWV if I do not purchase a second contract before our August trip.

I also decided that I did not want to consider how we would use our points over a 30+ year period of time.

I broke it down into 10 year segments and believe how we use points the first 10 years will be different than how we use them the second 10.

The final 10 I could not even venture a guess.

Our initial 10 years being close to a park is important. Since we travel in August booking a close resort/park has not been difficult in our first 2 trips.

After 10 years my granddaughter is 15 to 25 and grandma and I will be 75 plus so staying near DS makes sense.

Nice! I see it sold pretty quick and a great price for you! Did you end up lowering the price or taking the “Full Price Only” comment away?
I had it originally marked at 132. (Posted on Monday) I lowered down to the 130 (Lowered Thursday) per point but kept on the Full Price Only comment. Was told then it had a buyer at 5:30pm Thursday. Glad it sold that quickly.

My goal the past couple months was selling some of my smaller contracts and buying larger ones. So when all is said and done I'll end up selling 140 points consisting of 4-25 point contracts and 1-40 point contract. I have closed on one of my purchases then of 80 Poly points and have an 90 point AKL that has passed ROFR. So net I will be up 30 points but have contracts that had longer maturity dates than what the ones I've sold had and an almost break even cost.

Last edited:
We are in the process of buying a smaller (130 pts) SSR with a Feb use year that was loaded with 231 pts for 2024 and then the rest at 130. It was listed I believe for $98, I offered $90 and we settled on $94 I think. I can't remember .

Unfortunately we're still waiting on ROFR and it's been 4 weeks today. Fidelity finally responded to me and said they reached out to Disney and were told it should be done early next week. So that time frame puts us much longer than most of the ROFR as of late. At least the ones posted here. It'll roughly be say 2/23 sent to 3/26 passed (guesstimate).

Personally I think Fidelity made an error somehow...but whatever. We were hoping to get points and get a trip the middle of May but that may now be out.

The reason we bought SSR is because like you said, the lower initial buy in cost. Our kids are aging and not as excited about WDW as they were, but my wife and I have gone just the two of us twice in the past 2 years and really had a great time so we figured the lower buy in at this point in time is good. I bet we end up getting a second contract down the road though. Plus we are very flexible in our schedules so I think it'll be ok.
Sounds like a coverup to me :magnify:🤔

50 points and under I have at $90 max.
I think of you as one of the savviest buyers on this board and I'm curious if/why you would purchase contracts at/under 50 points? The more I think about it, you lose a lot of money on the broker fees buying (and selling, though maybe selling is per point), which pushes up the high prices even higher.

I understand why you'd never want to buy a direct contract that's huge (because splitting costs are pretty low), but it seems like it's far more cost effective to buy a resale contract in the 75-150 zone than 50 and under.

There was a June 200 point SSR contract recorded yesterday that went for $89 a point.

There was a December 200 point contract that was recorded on the 19th that went for $80 a point.

These are unicorns with way more contracts going for over $100 per point than under $90.

I have tracked 25 contracts since January that went for between $80-89 per point.
We were psyched to get an accepted offer on a fully loaded 100pt SS contract for $90/pt (was originally listed for $105/pt and sellers accepted without countering). Now just waiting for ROFR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter