• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Something weird… has anybody ever gotten the message that the money they sent to the Title company had not arrived but your bank says the money was sent? No inquires were made by the receiving bank and the funds were not returned it’s been 5 work days… and nothing. So Monday I have to file a request with my bank to investigate where the money has gone. I used the information the Title company gave me and I even did it at the bank to make sure everything was perfect. Let’s just say it delays the process.

Something weird… has anybody ever gotten the message that the money they sent to the Title company had not arrived but your bank says the money was sent? No inquires were made by the receiving bank and the funds were not returned it’s been 5 work days… and nothing. So Monday I have to file a request with my bank to investigate where the money has gone. I used the information the Title company gave me and I even did it at the bank to make sure everything was perfect. Let’s just say it delays the process.
I usually email or call the title agent as soon as I get confirmation my bank wired the money to confirm receipt.

What is your title agent saying?

I usually email or call the title agent as soon as I get confirmation my bank wired the money to confirm receipt.

What is your title agent saying?
I told my title agent on Friday the 15th that the bank had sent the money but it should arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday, since the transfer is made from a Canadian bank. It was not done with a Swift number but an ABA number. On Thursday the agent said they didn’t receive the money. So I called my bank and they checked and said everything was good on their part. On Friday still nothing. The agent keeps checking but says the money hasn’t been transferred.

I told my title agent on Friday the 15th that the bank had sent the money but it should arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday, since the transfer is made from a Canadian bank. It was not done with a Swift number but an ABA number. On Thursday the agent said they didn’t receive the money. So I called my bank and they checked and said everything was good on their part. On Friday still nothing. The agent keeps checking but says the money hasn’t been transferred.
Can you cancel and try again with the SWIFT #?

Sounds like a coverup to me :magnify:🤔

Yep, I'm kind of thinking someone made an error but they wont tell me.

I did reach out to member services and I'm going to see if they'll at least tell me when it was sent to them and if there were any errors that had to be resent.

I don't know if they'll tell me , but something doesn't seem right.

Nearly every one of the resales sent in the past 2 months has passed ROFR in 13-19 days. I'm at 29 days as of today. It'll be 31 come Monday. Something seems off.

It can take up to 15 business days since its going from Canada to the USA. I always just mail a bank draft. It's much easier that way (and costs much less).

I hear you but 18 years is a long time. A lot can change. You have to buy where you want to stay but I am not a fan of the 2042 resorts (BCV and BWV) in terms of their value. I had BCV but sold it. We're a one-bedroom family so the risks outweighed the rewards of owning there for us. If you are a studio family, owning there is a must. I do believe the cliff is coming soon for these resorts. Sooner if DVC shakes things up.

I believe I read a post earlier in the week where someone was justifying a BCV and BWV purchase at current prices and that values will not drop significantly because of location and the high demand for those locations/rooms compared to their high cash prices. Their argument was flawed in my opinion as it assumes "all else remains the same". All it would take for the 2042 cliff to arrive is for DVC to announce a Yacht Club offering. "Ceteris Paribus" is great for economists. It always gives them an out for their incorrect predictions. But what time has told us is that not much remains the same.

To be clear, I have nothing against anyone buying 2042 resorts. They truly are remarkable resorts. You have to buy where you want to stay, and I would say if you are going in with the intention of never selling, then it makes sense to do it.
I totally agree with you on this. For me, there’s also a bit of a psychological reason I stay away from the 2042 resorts, even though I’m really not a huge fan of them anyway. The later expiration date resorts impart a greater feeling of stability and permanence, and I look at them more as an asset with at least some degree of long term value. Not so much with the resorts expiring in 2042. With the clock ticking, and getting louder every year, those contracts just seem like an agreement to buy X number of vacations within a very clear and limited time for a discounted value. But that holds true for pretty much all of DVC! That said, mathematically, an extra 20 or 30 years of vacations for the same price makes those 2042 contracts look like even less of a value.

I totally agree with you on this. For me, there’s also a bit of a psychological reason I stay away from the 2042 resorts, even though I’m really not a huge fan of them anyway. The later expiration date resorts impart a greater feeling of stability and permanence, and I look at them more as an asset with at least some degree of long term value. Not so much with the resorts expiring in 2042. With the clock ticking, and getting louder every year, those contracts just seem like an agreement to buy X number of vacations within a very clear and limited time for a discounted value. But that holds true for pretty much all of DVC! That said, mathematically, an extra 20 or 30 years of vacations for the same price makes those 2042 contracts look like even less of a value.
Exactly, the "resale" value is going to dwindle very quickly over the next decade, so you really can't even hope to sell for the same or higher if you wanted to sell down the road (but it may be possible).

Exactly, the "resale" value is going to dwindle very quickly over the next decade, so you really can't even hope to sell for the same or higher if you wanted to sell down the road (but it may be possible).
I’m buying a small BWV for a 2BD for $816/night buy-in and dues. Given its location…. I think that’s a pretty darn good deal…. not really concerned with resale….

Now VGF & Aulani…. I don’t think I would have purchased without the ability to sell again in the future….

VGC…. my wife said we will be buried with those points….

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter