• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If delinquencies and foreclosures are up, they will get all the points they need from that as opposed to ROFR. I'm not convinced it's coming back anytime soon.

I agree that ROFR will be quiet for the foreseeable future. There is quite a bit of economic uncertainty Domestically and Globally. If Disney was confident that they could make money exercising ROFR they would be doing so.

What do people think dues might be towards the end of those 2042 deeds anyway? I have to admit, when doing the math...I was never quite sure what my annual dues might be down the road. I know they will go up and that some years they go up more than others. But I'm just not a numbers person.
For me, 2042 will be close to our retirement ages. The dues will be high enough that I'll be ready to be done with them.

For me, 2042 will be close to our retirement ages. The dues will be high enough that I'll be ready to be done with them.
We also had no issue with a 2042, and were very focused on small (75 point and smaller) contracts so we/they could just use them every 2-3 years if they wanted. Not sure leaving a huge contract with a 50 year payment commitment would sound like a great thing to my kids, even though they all love Disney. We also only picked "where we'd really want to stay" resorts for various reasons.

Nooooo. What resort / how many points??

SSR, $94 pt, 130pts.

We keep getting the generic response as to why it's taking so long...

"Disney is reviewing the file and should have an answer this week".

I've asked at least 5 times if something happened as to why it's taking so long.

Answer:

"Disney is reviewing the file and should have an answer this week. Every file is different".

Note: No answer as to if something happened. Very frustrated. I know in the past it took a while but it seems like it's pretty much 13-19 days now, except us. LOL

Last edited:
Did you get any information from member services about the date the contract was submitted and whether there was an error on the broker's part?

I did reach out. I tried calling but it said to email. I emailed Friday and I've yet to hear back. Just an automated response saying within 2 days response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter