ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on day 51. I just talked to my broker and she said she hopes we will hear next week. They’ve been told by Disney to tell clients that ROFR will take 60 days. I know some of you are hearing sooner than that.
Yes they mentioned that to me too. I was looking at a contract with points expiring in December, but there would be no way I could make use of them considering I might not even get them until November. I had to pass on making an offer.

I’m on day 51. I just talked to my broker and she said she hopes we will hear next week. They’ve been told by Disney to tell clients that ROFR will take 60 days. I know some of you are hearing sooner than that.

Hang on, wait. Isn't the standard closing time for a contract 60 days? Disney need at LEAST 30 days for ROFR but if they haven't decided by closing date, they've automatically waived their right. They've had what's obligated.

Woohoo!! Just heard last minute I passed ROFR!! Day 45!

Lorana---$134-$14835-100-CCV@WL-Sep-100/19, 200/20, 100/21- sent 6/2, passed 7/17

Woohoo! Aren't you the poster that bought 2 guaranteed week studios at CCV but also likes one bedrooms? Are you buying resale CCV points to hopefully convert your guaranteed weeks to 1 bedrooms at the 11-month mark?

(I'm just being curious. :) Also, I've spent way too much time on the DIS lately!)

Hang on, wait. Isn't the standard closing time for a contract 60 days? Disney need at LEAST 30 days for ROFR but if they haven't decided by closing date, they've automatically waived their right. They've had what's obligated.
ROFR may take 60 days, closing is now 90 days. At least that was the statement in my contract.

Woohoo! Aren't you the poster that bought 2 guaranteed week studios at CCV but also likes one bedrooms? Are you buying resale CCV points to hopefully convert your guaranteed weeks to 1 bedrooms at the 11-month mark?

(I'm just being curious. :) Also, I've spent way too much time on the DIS lately!)
Yes, that is me! And yes, that’s my hope! I wanted the guaranteed weeks but couldn’t afford 2 weeks 1BR at Direct prices, even with incentives. As it was those two weeks were stretching my budget more than I wanted, but I’m taking advantage of Disney Visa 6 month 0% financing (and splitting it into 4 payments) and then will transfer that hopefully to an 18 month 0% balance transfer, so I’ve got time to pay it off. So we’re adding on some resale contracts for the extra points at much less cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter