ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I've done so-so as far as not obsessing about ROFR. My contract was sent 7/16 and I know to expect it to be more than 30 days and I'm fine with that, but I randomly went back to the website that I used to put in my offer with, and the last time I checked I could still see the contract that I placed an offer on and it had the status of Offer Accepted. Now, it's not on the website at all. Before I email the broker, I'm wondering if this is normal for the listing to not be on the website any more. Maybe I'm paranoid that I'll be receiving an email soon that this was taken??

ETA: I also had this listing favorited and it doesn't let me see the listing. There's a message that any sold listings are automatically removed from my favorites... Don't know if that means my contract was taken.🤷‍♀️

The contract that I placed an offer and was accepted was removed from the site by the next day. It probably just depends on the broker.

Ok, so I've done so-so as far as not obsessing about ROFR. My contract was sent 7/16 and I know to expect it to be more than 30 days and I'm fine with that, but I randomly went back to the website that I used to put in my offer with, and the last time I checked I could still see the contract that I placed an offer on and it had the status of Offer Accepted. Now, it's not on the website at all. Before I email the broker, I'm wondering if this is normal for the listing to not be on the website any more. Maybe I'm paranoid that I'll be receiving an email soon that this was taken??

ETA: I also had this listing favorited and it doesn't let me see the listing. There's a message that any sold listings are automatically removed from my favorites... Don't know if that means my contract was taken.🤷‍♀️

I wouldn't worry too much, taking down the listing could just be a time thing - around the 30 day mark they might automatically remove listings that are sale pending. Disney is only "up to" around 7/8/20 so far, so I doubt they would have taken a contract back that was sent 7/16 - they seem to go in order. Plus if they did that, and it caused the broker to take down the listing - the broker would have let you know by now I'm sure. If Disney takes the contract, it wouldn't cause the listing to get taken down automatically - the broker would have to be told it was taken and then they would take it down.

The contract that I placed an offer and was accepted was removed from the site by the next day. It probably just depends on the broker.

That makes sense. I guess all the contracts getting taking back by Disney has me paranoid. :)

Depends on the broker. The contract I bought was removed within the hour of the seller accepting the offer. Some brokers takes days to update/remove the listing which I am not a fan of, I have placed an offer on a few occasions with a certain broker to be told that it’s no longer available but the listings stays on the website for days afterwords marked as available. I would assume you have another week or two before Disney looks at it as looks like currently I think based on current posting they are reviewing contracts placed around 7/8

I have bought 3 contracts lately. Two were from the same company, and those listings disappeared a day or two after the offer was accepted. That same site still has some contracts that say "sale pending," but mine are totally gone. I think in that case it depends on whether or not the broker chooses to remove it, so I would not be concerned. The other company I bought from went through "offer accepted," then "sale pending."

I have bought 3 contracts lately. Two were from the same company, and those listings disappeared a day or two after the offer was accepted. That same site still has some contracts that say "sale pending," but mine are totally gone. I think in that case it depends on whether or not the broker chooses to remove it, so I would not be concerned. The other company I bought from went through "offer accepted," then "sale pending."
Same here

Apparently, no funds will be given to the seller until the transfer. Now, this is not all title companies. Mason Title sent me the proceeds of my sale that closed on 6/26, the next day. They did not hold them until the transfer since that happened last week and I used those same funds to buy the BLT contract within days of getting the check!

Which broker / title company held the funds until transfer? That's not very nice. All contracts I have seen had a clause that basically claw back at $20 (or whatever price) per point if the amount transferred is not as originally represented. There is no reason to hold funds in escrow for that long.

My contract I sold that closed on 6/26, just disappeared from my account on 8/7. Still waiting for the BLT contract I bought to show up that closed on 7/7. Feel bad because the title company that we used is holding the buyers funds until the contract and points are there for me.
We got paid right away, I feel bad for the buyers who haven't received their points yet.

I've read (on this forum - somewhere, I'm sure!) that disney doesn't take back contracts from international sellers/buyers. Is this true? Or did I dream that? Really clutching at straws here lol. Still a week to go to 30 days!!!!!

Woohooo!! - Jon84---$100-$11367-100-SSR-Sep-12/18, 100/19, 100/20, 100/21- sent 6/15, passed 7/27 :earsboy:
Update - we lost this contract!

So, we had passed ROFR on our SSR contract, Closing was underway, then, out of nowhere, our broker calls to let us know that upon completing the checks the Title Company has found out our seller has SOLD the contract (as well as the other our broker was selling) to their DAUGHTER, behind everyone's back and now won't return calls. Of course we'll get our Deposit back (less exchange rate differences). - Searching the Sellers (unique) last name on OC website confirms, and it seems they've been moving contracts around their family since 1994!

Thankfully DVC Store had a listing become available yesterday and after a call with Jerry we have submitted signed contracts and we're back in the game, be it 9 weeks behind schedule again!

I've read (on this forum - somewhere, I'm sure!) that disney doesn't take back contracts from international sellers/buyers. Is this true? Or did I dream that? Really clutching at straws here lol. Still a week to go to 30 days!!!!!

They do take them from time to time, or so I've read.

So, we had passed ROFR on our SSR contract, Closing was underway, then, out of nowhere, our broker calls to let us know that upon completing the checks the Title Company has found out our seller has SOLD the contract (as well as the other our broker was selling) to their DAUGHTER, behind everyone's back and now won't return calls. Of course we'll get our Deposit back (less exchange rate differences). - Searching the Sellers (unique) last name on OC website confirms, and it seems they've been moving contracts around their family since 1994!

Thankfully DVC Store had a listing become available yesterday and after a call with Jerry we have submitted signed contracts and we're back in the game, be it 9 weeks behind schedule again!
Sorry you had to go through that.

That sucks, I hope that seller is blacklisted from ever listing again on DVC Store. Maybe their name should be shared so buyers and brokers know not to deal with them in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter