ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! You will for sure pass ROFR. A hefty price to pay but that’s what it takes to own at the grandest of them all these days. Hopefully it’ll be worth $500pp in 10 years. Welcome home VGC neighbor!

Isn't direct $295?! I mean this contract is fully loaded though. EDIT: Scratch that I think it went up a month or so ago.

Is this regarding that 200p VGC contract that was listed for $200pp? I wonder how much it sold for
I wonder if they got the number of points mixed up with the price. Or maybe it was just to try to drive some traffic to their site and wasn't even real.

I've inquired a few times in the past but have never gotten a response. Some listings don't make sense either. There's a "new" Poly listing Feb UY that has 2 points banked from 2018 into 2019 and all 200 2019 and 2020 points. Either the listing is really old or they listed expired points and not 2021 for some reason.

Isn't direct $295?! I mean this contract is fully loaded though. EDIT: Scratch that I think it went up a month or so ago.

I believe it's $310, but the problem is that you can't buy it direct. Resale is your only option.

I wonder if they got the number of points mixed up with the price. Or maybe it was just to try to drive some traffic to their site and wasn't even real.

I've inquired a few times in the past but have never gotten a response. Some listings don't make sense either. There's a "new" Poly listing Feb UY that has 2 points banked from 2018 into 2019 and all 200 2019 and 2020 points. Either the listing is really old or they listed expired points and not 2021 for some reason.
Wouldn’t be surprised. It was definitely a strange unicorn of a contract. My wife would never consider buying more VGC but that one even had her do a double take.

Ahhhh, kind of funny they increased the price on something that is never available. ha!
Yeah, but it sure does make an impact on the resale market that’s for sure. VGC contracts are now a rarity on resale Or go for at near direct prices

Me too, I really hope you pass because we have a $122 AKV for 200 points sent about a week after yours. When you pass (fingers crossed) I'll feel better about ours.

Buying DVC resale is not so different then watching a scary movie. I just want to cover my eyes and not look, yet, I can't seem to take my eyes off the screen (or in this case, off of the ROFO thread).
Yes, it is a train wreck!

Me too, I really hope you pass because we have a $122 AKV for 200 points sent about a week after yours. When you pass (fingers crossed) I'll feel better about ours.

Buying DVC resale is not so different then watching a scary movie. I just want to cover my eyes and not look, yet, I can't seem to take my eyes off the screen (or in this case, off of the ROFO thread).
I just passed at 120pp for 200 points at AKV. In closing now. Hopefully you'll be good to go!

Has anyone used DVC magic resales?
I put in an offer a month ago for a BRV and never heard back. Then I noticed just how many of the listings have 2018/2019 points listed. I’m guessing they just have gone under during the shutdown because I’ve heard of several people who used them in the past.

I’m glad to have read about this site here. It looks professional and polished, but something is clearly wrong. Who knows, maybe a bunch of the listings are fake. I’m just going to stay away.

I’m glad to have read about this site here. It looks professional and polished, but something is clearly wrong. Who knows, maybe a bunch of the listings are fake. I’m just going to stay away.
I am pretty new to DVC but I have never seen this site until now.

Depends on the time of year for those "Great Rates" at SWOLPHIN :goodvibes
We stayed at the Dolphin in January, and it was 400+/Night & they added a hefty Room Tax & Parking Fee
For spring break back in April it was around $200 a night but I rented at BWV for almost the same price.

Makes me wonder about the distribution timeline for money when a sale is completed… How long does the seller have to wait for the check in the mail. Is this important to legally add specifics to protect the seller to receive their money in a timely manner ?
I am thinking about selling but worry about the final process and how anybody is legally protected.Does the resale agency or the title company receive the funds from buyer ?
Thanks for advice from anybody that has sold with or without delays.

Really? Mason title said my deed was recorded on 7/8 but won’t be sent to Disney till 7/21.
Our was recorded the end of June. It took a couple of weeks for it to show up in our Disney account. We didn't get points but i was sketchy on if Disney would load anything after the 8th. I keep seeing people post notices of some release that says nothing after the 8th until the 21st.

We closed a week and a half ago. We were told that they're still transferring contracts in the normal timeframes (~2 weeks) for ones they received before shutting down. The shutdown was to stop more contracts from being sent in while they get caught up. I'm not sure how this helps long term since they'll just be backed up again once they reopen. Unless they're also going to use the time to train more people so that when they open back up, they can get through the new backlog quicker.

I put in an offer a month ago for a BRV and never heard back. Then I noticed just how many of the listings have 2018/2019 points listed. I’m guessing they just have gone under during the shutdown because I’ve heard of several people who used them in the past.
We are waiting right now to close on a BRV contract through them! I hope they are legit cause we just got word that we passed ROFR on June 22nd and have been waiting to close…

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter