• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread July to Sept 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY! I am so happy for you! We sent around the same time and I had gotten mine back (that and I had been eyeing up the contract you bought!)
Thank you and I'm happy for you too, neighbor!
I am counting down the days until the points are loaded into my account so I can book our first DVC trip!

With estoppel occurring at the same time as RoFR. Does that entail all delayed closing to pass closer to the closing date instead of (in my case) months before ? I just need to know how long to pack my patience. 10 weeks is killer already.

With estoppel occurring at the same time as RoFR. Does that entail all delayed closing to pass closer to the closing date instead of (in my case) months before ? I just need to know how long to pack my patience. 10 weeks is killer already.

I would think with a delayed closing this might need to be updated closer to closing to ensure no changes.

DaveNan---$135-$29474-200-BWV-Oct-0/20, 306/21, 200/22- sent 8/6

Buyer pays 2021 MF, Seller pays MF for the banked 2020 points
Can't believe I am adding more points..... If we get these, sometime in the next year or so, I might sell some of my other points.
Passed! Right at 4.5 weeks. Now the planning begins...... (Ha Ha the points are already spent in my mind)

DaveNan---$135-$29474-200-BWV-Oct-0/20, 306/21, 200/22, 200/23- sent 8/6, passed 9/8

I would think with a delayed closing this might need to be updated closer to closing to ensure no changes.

I hadn't considered that. Our contract also has a delayed closing later into October. But wouldn't that mean they are more likely to pass it since they are waiting for estoppel? In the previous ROFR experiences, it appeared that estoppel wasn't initiated until Disney waived and it wasn't part of the ROFR consideration.

I hadn't considered that. Our contract also has a delayed closing later into October. But wouldn't that mean they are more likely to pass it since they are waiting for estoppel? In the previous ROFR experiences, it appeared that estoppel wasn't initiated until Disney waived and it wasn't part of the ROFR consideration.

I don’t think one has nothing to do with the other. Since they say that estoppel now comes with ROFR, the process may be different with a delayed closing.

When it’s delayed, the closing documents are not sent until much closer to the closing date…it’s been about 2 to 3 weeks for the 4 I had done.

But, estoppel was done differently.

I don’t think one has nothing to do with the other. Since they say that estoppel now comes with ROFR, the process may be different with a delayed closing.

When it’s delayed, the closing documents are not sent until much closer to the closing date…it’s been about 2 to 3 weeks for the 4 I had done.

This potentially means that I may not get an answer until late November or early December 😢

This potentially means that I may not get an answer until late November or early December 😢

Sorry, I was referring only to estoppel, and closing documents not ROFR. The ROFR came in normal time lines…one as soon as 6 days with a closing not for another 4 months.

We got an unexpected but very pleasant surprise this morning.

We received our welcome home email from Disney yesterday and our points loaded today. There are an extra 89 points there banked from 2020 that we didn’t know about! We just need to use them before April 2022 which should be doable.

New update (I think I did it right finally):

Nutbean---$155-$16459-100-CCV@WL-Apr-0/20, 196/21, 93/22, 100/23- sent 6/9, passed 7/12

On my delayed closing, everything tracked exactly the same as a regular closing right up through estoppel. At that point, the process simply stopped and the paperwork simply sat with the title company until closing docs could be prepared.

On my delayed closing, everything tracked exactly the same as a regular closing right up through estoppel. At that point, the process simply stopped and the paperwork simply sat with the title company until closing docs could be prepared.
That is what I was expecting. Hopefully they didn't change anything when they started waived notification after estoppel.

The last one I did was 2020 so process could be different. When I didn’t get the closing documents when I was told they would come, the title company told me they were waiting on updated estoppel.

Sounds like it’s all one process now or at least in your case, no additional one was requested.

The last one I did was 2020 so process could be different. When I didn’t get the closing documents when I was told they would come, the title company told me they were waiting on updated estoppel.

Sounds like it’s all one process now or at least in your case, no additional one was requested.
Well, keep in mind, I got tired of waiting for the closing and cancelled the contract. I will say, however, that it wasn't due to any paperwork delays. It was more that everything at the front end went through so quickly, right through estoppel, then ground to a complete halt waiting for the delayed closing. After two months of no activity, I just got tired of the process.

Ironically, maybe if ROFR and estoppel had taken longer, and spread the process further out, I might have soldiered through on the delayed closing. But with everything happening so quickly at first, then grinding to a halt waiting for the delayed close, it just emphasized how long I was really going to sit waiting with nothing happening.

Had I stuck with it, they may have indeed requested an updated estoppel notice to verify the seller had indeed used the points that were used for the reservation we were waiting for them to complete.

pianomanzano---$120-$27399-210-SSR-Dec-114/20, 420/21, 210/22- sent 8/11, passed 9/8

Feeling surprised and elated! Thought it was going to get taken for sure. Now to hoping closing goes smoothly and points in time (and availability) for my daughter’s first birthday and first trip as DVC members in November!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter