ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s no January UY. And all DVC contracts end on January of their expiry year. I guess we’ll just borrow 2042 points in 2041, lol.
Stop calculating and start offering!
LOL. I said March UY, not January. But I guess you answered it. All contracts end January of 2042, meaning, last set of points will be in 2041, despite the UY. And no way. I can't get any of the 2042 resorts to get valued less than $15pp. Too steep for my blood.

So if I have December UY for BC does that mean that they expire in January 2042, well before they are available to use. IE we would have to full borrow in 2041 to use them? It seems like there will be a crush of people trying to get one last trip in, and it disadvantages those with later UY because we won‘t have access to borrow or use those points when they are still available.
That's my question too. A Dec UY would only have 1 month to use before the entire resort terminates in January 2042? I would assume the resort wouldn't terminate until the end of 2042 rather than the beginning.

LOL. I said March UY, not January. But I guess you answered it. All contracts end January of 2042, meaning, last set of points will be in 2041, despite the UY. And no way. I can't get any of the 2042 resorts to get valued less than $15pp. Too steep for my blood.
I’m actually pretty sure points expire in 2042 UY, not calendar year. I read that somewhere but anyone has it in writing would be better.

My BWV points cost $15.29pp this year. 9-point studio costs $137.61. I think I can swallow that!

Stargazer65(Seller)---$124-$13079-100-BRV@WL-Sep-0/20, 0/21, 0/22, 100/23- sent 6/27, passed 7/25

Happy for the buyer! 😀

Less than 30 days, so maybe I'll hear about the BRV contract I'm buying before the week is out.
Congrats to the buyer! I am nervous, ours is the 28th for Boulder as well. Fingers crossed for us both!!

I’m actually pretty sure points expire in 2042 UY, not calendar year. I read that somewhere but anyone has it in writing would be better.

My BWV points cost $15.29pp this year. 9-point studio costs $137.61. I think I can swallow that!
I'm with you on the SV room points chart. It's the best deal in all of DVC IMO. I'm half tempted to buy just to be able to book those at 11 months. If the MF's were on par with BCV, then I think I would jump on it. At this point, I just can't pull the trigger. And as the years pass, it becomes harder to justify. I'll just haveto use my SAP points to book the more expensive pool/garden view rooms. No biggie. Those seem to have plenty 7 month availability.

The 2042 lease expires January 31st, 2042. No more use of the resorts after that date.

I love the speculation on what DVC is going to do with the 2042 resorts.

One thing that I can't stop thinking about is that Disney seems to like having value for the points in the system to make the entire brand more appealing. I don't see them standing by and letting the 2042 resorts to go to zero value as what will that do to the brand?

There is also plenty of recent history showing that Disney has struggled to find the balance they wish regards to cash room bookings at some resorts and thus they convert them to DVC (CCV, VGF2 are two that come to mind).

Based on these thoughts, my completely wild guess is that at least 10 years out they will announce a renewal option for at least 20 or so years at a fairly high cost and give a larger discount the longer up front you take the extension and the more points you extend. As the years go by, the discount gets smaller. If you go to resale they ROFR the cheap points and extend them during resale. If for some reason it's a resort they are going to sale or not keep DVC, they can offer a conversion to another resort with more time left in it for a reasonable discount to give the value back in the contract as another way to not let the value go to zero.....

Based on these thoughts, my completely wild guess is that at least 10 years out they will announce a renewal option for at least 20 or so years.
This debate has been beaten to death on various disboard threads. I think the general consensus or speculation is that Disney has learned it's lessons on offering extensions with OKW and will not likely make that mistake again. Most people believe that Disney will allow all current deeds to expire in 2042. Then they'll do a quick refurb/renovation turnaround and sell them as brand new 50 year contracts with much higher price and points charts. It's all speculation at this point. I can't wait to be here in 20 years to read all the "I told you so's!"

I love the speculation on what DVC is going to do with the 2042 resorts.

One thing that I can't stop thinking about is that Disney seems to like having value for the points in the system to make the entire brand more appealing. I don't see them standing by and letting the 2042 resorts to go to zero value as what will that do to the brand?

There is also plenty of recent history showing that Disney has struggled to find the balance they wish regards to cash room bookings at some resorts and thus they convert them to DVC (CCV, VGF2 are two that come to mind).

Based on these thoughts, my completely wild guess is that at least 10 years out they will announce a renewal option for at least 20 or so years at a fairly high cost and give a larger discount the longer up front you take the extension and the more points you extend. As the years go by, the discount gets smaller. If you go to resale they ROFR the cheap points and extend them during resale. If for some reason it's a resort they are going to sale or not keep DVC, they can offer a conversion to another resort with more time left in it for a reasonable discount to give the value back in the contract as another way to not let the value go to zero.....

While I hope your future predictions come true... my instincts say "fat chance".

DVC didn't bat an eye with doing away with a number of controversial items... To name a few: halting APs, implementing resale restrictions, restricting access to TOTWL, canning Magical Express... killing fast pass... Did I mention free magic bands?

They will let the 2042's expire unless some new CEO comes in before then and doesn't believe in capitalism.

with much higher price and points charts.
I forgot about the point charts. The extensions at OKW really puts them into a strange spot as it's very likely they can't to a hybrid chart as I don't see even the best legal minds figuring out that magic. That is a point that would push them to want to let them go away for sure....

They will let the 2042's expire unless some new CEO comes in before then and doesn't believe in capitalism.

See that's where I think the logic actually goes the other way. It might be Disney's love of money and profit that makes them keep the value in the contracts. As I was looking into DVC as a prospective buyer the value in the brand was in the plus column. I don't plan on selling, but it's nice to know it's an option if I need to break that glass.

What happens to the brand if I can look for used BRV contracts for 60 bucks a point in 2035? Don't you think that will impact their ability to sell points direct at Reflections 2, the Cabins at Camp Wilderness, or the the Villas at All Star Resort at 350 a point when other resorts are worth way less at WDW?

Note - these are just crazy thoughts/questions by a hungry person who really wants to go get some spicy Thai food.... please don't take them too seriously :)

I think they will not offer an extension on BCV and build a tower / mid rise in BCV current location.

For BW they will make the whole resort DVC and they will simply sell us another 50 year contract at full rate or a trivial discount

I will be borrowing points at the end and closing out with a stripped contract.

I forgot about the point charts. The extensions at OKW really puts them into a strange spot as it's very likely they can't to a hybrid chart as I don't see even the best legal minds figuring out that magic. That is a point that would push them to want to let them go away for sure....

See that's where I think the logic actually goes the other way. It might be Disney's love of money and profit that makes them keep the value in the contracts. As I was looking into DVC as a prospective buyer the value in the brand was in the plus column. I don't plan on selling, but it's nice to know it's an option if I need to break that glass.

What happens to the brand if I can look for used BRV contracts for 60 bucks a point in 2035? Don't you think that will impact their ability to sell points direct at Reflections 2, the Cabins at Camp Wilderness, or the the Villas at All Star Resort at 350 a point when other resorts are worth way less at WDW?

Note - these are just crazy thoughts/questions by a hungry person who really wants to go get some spicy Thai food.... please don't take them too seriously :)
But those points going for 60 bucks each will be good for a grand total of 7 years, whereas Poly2 might very well have an expiration date of 2074, not to mention even later dates for resorts that open thereafter. I think most DVC buyers think longer term.

OK, quick question. I am looking at 150 point contract but I will very likely need 152 points. Can I buy 2 points to the resort direct so that I can get around booking the whole trip at the 11 month window? I have a mix of direct and resale points already but all at one resort…not a split of direct and resale at one resort.

OK, quick question. I am looking at 150 point contract but I will very likely need 152 points. Can I buy 2 points to the resort direct so that I can get around booking the whole trip at the 11 month window? I have a mix of direct and resale points already but all at one resort…not a split of direct and resale at one resort.
25 or 50 minimum for direct/ existing owners. So it depends on the resort CC is 50 minimum but BW is 25

25 or 50 minimum for direct/ existing owners. So it depends on the resort CC is 50 minimum but BW is 25
Thank you. It has 100 banked points right now so if I am careful in carrying over (banking in the future) I should be OK to keep looking for a super small resale on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter