ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily there’s plenty of decent BLT contract out right now.. just need Disney to stop snatching them.
But not so many BLT contracts right now with my UY (Oct). DW and I strongly prefer avoiding the hotter months, and going while it is cooler. Waiting on ROFR news for my BLT @ $165/pt offer any day now. But even if it is taken by ROFR, I won't consider it bad news because at least we helped someone who was ready to sell.

How do you manage all those UYs?

You must be a sucker for headaches too. One UY, 6 contracts here. Lol
I actually have not had any issues handling the 3 UY's we currently have. I use each membership separately and on very rare occasions have transferred points from one into another. I have reminders of each banking deadline set on my Google calendar.
One of our UY's (poly/BWV) has 3 contracts at two different home resorts but even in that UY I usually use the contacts only at their home resorts. The other two UY's are single contract/home resort memberships. One I use the points only at that home resort (BLT) and the other I use more often as sleep around points (BRV). The contract in ROFR currently will be used for the trips that we tend to book only a few months in advance since we've moved to Florida.
I think I personally would have a harder time keeping things straight if I had contracts at the same resort in different UY's. I know my limits! 😊

I actually have not had any issues handling the 3 UY's we currently have. I use each membership separately and on very rare occasions have transferred points from one into another. I have reminders of each banking deadline set on my Google calendar.
One of our UY's (poly/BWV) has 3 contracts at two different home resorts but even in that UY I usually use the contacts only at their home resorts. The other two UY's are single contract/home resort memberships. One I use the points only at that home resort (BLT) and the other I use more often as sleep around points (BRV). The contract in ROFR currently will be used for the trips that we tend to book only a few months in advance since we've moved to Florida.
I think I personally would have a harder time keeping things straight if I had contracts at the same resort in different UY's. I know my limits! 😊
To me, sounds very limiting and complicated, but glad it works for you!

To me, sounds very limiting and complicated, but glad it works for you!
I think it probably would be limiting if they were small contracts but thankfully they are not. And it would definitely be complicated if not for my Google calendar!
I'm glad it works for us too...I was definitely nervous in the beginning!

Just had a contract bought back by Disney. I thought it was a quicker process when they by back but apparently it can be longer. In our case, it is much longer than another contract we just sold that passed ROFR.

Just had a contract bought back by Disney. I thought it was a quicker process when they by back but apparently it can be longer. In our case, it is much longer than another contract we just sold that passed ROFR.
We closed two weeks LATE on a contract DVC bought back in ROFR. Our broker said there is nothing we can do about it. I think it would have taken longer had I not been a squeaky wheel.

At 5:15 pm on the day before our final closing date we received the edocs from DVC. They made a typo on our phone number which is necessary to receive the *code* in order to open documents which further delayed closing. I had to spend a half hour on the phone with them trying to get the documents through. Of course, you have to get the documents notarized and then sent via FEDEX 2 Day to DVC.

Only DVC can get away with this...and I have another contract being taken that will close in October, so here we go again!

We closed two weeks LATE on a contract DVC bought back in ROFR. Our broker said there is nothing we can do about it. I think it would have taken longer had I not been a squeaky wheel.

At 5:15 pm on the day before our final closing date we received the edocs from DVC. They made a typo on our phone number which is necessary to receive the *code* in order to open documents which further delayed closing. I had to spend a half hour on the phone with them trying to get the documents through. Of course, you have to get the documents notarized and then sent via FEDEX 2 Day to DVC.

Only DVC can get away with this...and I have another contract being taken that will close in October, so here we go again!
Slightly off topic, but the FedEx 2-day thing bugs me. DVC does it, and so do several of the title companies. Standard overnight is around $32, whereas 2-day is about $22. With the money you spend on a DVC purchase, an extra $10 isn’t going to make any difference. What WILL make a difference is if you drop that 2-day off at FedEx Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning.

I'm sorry, I know this has been answered a million times, but I can't seem to find it on any of the past forums. What is the typical turn time from passing ROFR to signing documents? We are using Mason Title, and a non board sponsor company for the purchase. They quoted 3-4 weeks for them to verify no other trips have been planned using points and for document prep, but that seems like an awfully long time. Thank you for humoring me!

I'm sorry, I know this has been answered a million times, but I can't seem to find it on any of the past forums. What is the typical turn time from passing ROFR to signing documents? We are using Mason Title, and a non board sponsor company for the purchase. They quoted 3-4 weeks for them to verify no other trips have been planned using points and for document prep, but that seems like an awfully long time. Thank you for humoring me!
I passed ROFR on May 17 and still haven't closed.

3-4 weeks isn't bad.

Well, Mason is the best. I always work with Cammie and she is efficient and does a great job. Look at your contract for a final closing date. It is possible it will go that late. At this point Mason is waiting for the signed, sellers documents. If they are fast in sending them back, you will close faster. If not see below:

Hopefully you haven't sent in your final payment yet. I always ask that the seller's documents be in the hands of the closing agent before I send payment. Once I get the email, I send the bank check which typically arrives within 48 hours. This forces the sellers to get their notarization done promptly. It didn't always go so well before I started doing this.

Good luck!

Passed ROFR with Mason and https://dvcsales.com/ on June 27, signed docs on June 29, and closed yesterday. Estimated closing date was July 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter