ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorlo---$98-$7990-70-OKW-Oct-0/22, 94/23, 70/24- sent 8/1

This was originally sent 8/1 but was kicked back 8/11 because another seller needed to be added to the contract so it was resubmitted 8/11. I’m not sure if the clock reset when it was resubmitted. Does anyone know?

Last edited:

Dorlo---$98-$7990-70-OKW-Oct-0/22, 94/23, 70/24- sent 8/1

This was originally sent 8/1 but was kicked back 8/11 because another seller needed to be added to the contract so it was resubmitted 8/11. I’m not sure if the clock reset when it was resubmitted. Does anyone know?
Yes, the clock resets to the new contract submission date. Disney would have torn up the old contract without reviewing it as there were errors. I've been told if there are errors with names or contract details, there will kick it back to the broker.

Is there any rhyme or reason for ROFR to take as long as it does? And how it seems they don't go in FIFO order? You would think they would have a formula of what and when to ROFR. Is it that they just like to keep resale from being too quick a process thereby driving the impatient to direct?

Is there any rhyme or reason for ROFR to take as long as it does? And how it seems they don't go in FIFO order? You would think they would have a formula of what and when to ROFR. Is it that they just like to keep resale from being too quick a process thereby driving the impatient to direct?
Every night the last person to leave takes them all and throws them in the air like confetti and they just process them however they stack back up......that's my theory

I think they just don't dedicate a lot of resources to it.

As far as FIFO...I suspect it's put in a stacks and they process the stack. Maybe yours gets in the stack first, but others pile on top of it, then they start from the top and work down making yours one of the last looked at. I'm just guessing on that.

I think they just don't dedicate a lot of resources to it.

As far as FIFO...I suspect it's put in a stacks and they process the stack. Maybe yours gets in the stack first, but others pile on top of it, then they start from the top and work down making yours one of the last looked at. I'm just guessing on that.
Is it actually paper? Or is it electronic? How is Rofr physically handed off to Disney?

DVD doesn’t share the process and doesn’t want it known. They purposely change things as goals change….that why the do things occasionally that seem to stump us…like taking some VGF contracts when they are actively selling it…

And, it didn’t always take this long…I pass in 6 days once.

There's the drunk monkey theory which seems to be checking out. He just spent a few months at rehab and now he's adjusting to this new transition.

Last edited:
Every night the last person to leave takes them all and throws them in the air like confetti and they just process them however they stack back up......that's my theory
There's the drunk monkey theory which seems to be checking out. He just spent a few months at a rehab and now he's adjusting to this new transition.
Or the drunk monkey picks up the scattered contracts on the floor every morning, hangs them on the wall, and throws darts to determine the order of review.

Is it actually paper? Or is it electronic? How is Rofr physically handed off to Disney?
The ROFR Systems are built by Disney IT so it takes an hour to log into the 12 systems that are needed to record a DVC sale. The ROFR approval workflow has a few issues, “ate my page” is a regular occurrence. On the MS Team’s thread there is a debate on whose turn it is to call Disney IT to alert them of the system problem. After an hour on hold Disney IT informs the DVC Cast Member the standard SLA is 5-7 business days but sometime these issue just go away so keep trying. I image it works just like the IT Crowd (British Sitcom at its finest. Have you tried turning it off and on again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter