ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
MissLiss279---$147-$11475-75-CCV@WL-Dec-19/22, 34/23, 75/24-Seller pays MF ‘23- sent 8/5
MissLiss279---$147-$11475-75-CCV@WL-Dec-19/22, 34/23, 75/24- sent 8/5, passed 8/29

Seller paid ‘23 calendar year dues. I wasn’t sure that ‘Seller pays MF ‘23 made sense with a December use year. I will pay in January for calendar year 2024.

congrats.

Did you get the seller to bank the '23 points?

The '23 points banking deadline is end of Sept and with closing and Disney setting up your membership I don't think you will make it before the deadline.
I did! Seller was very responsive the whole process. I really wanted to get current use year's points if I was going to be making a purchase after all this time. Now I can use all points on a splurge trip or use the banked points and keep banking forward which is ideal. Assuming add-on-itis doesn't get a hold of me...and it kinda already is!

wmm1126---$86-$19647-200-SSR-Aug-0/22, 200/23, 200/24- sent 8/29

It’s our first contract. We have been looking for over a year now. We are VERY excited!

I will say though, buying resale is no joke. I can easily understand why people buy direct.

In our year of searching we have probably put in 20 offers, through multiple different resellers. I have had so many agents be extremely rude to me and passive aggressive. They don’t like the offers we put in. I have even had one agent say “Were you drunk when you sent that offer.”

I know there is ROFR and people spend a lot of money on DVC contracts, but something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. So the offers I sent was what my husband and I were willing to pay.

But regardless we found an awesome SSR contract and have our fingers crossed it passes ROFR

It’s our first contract. We have been looking for over a year now. We are VERY excited!

I will say though, buying resale is no joke. I can easily understand why people buy direct.

In our year of searching we have probably put in 20 offers, through multiple different resellers. I have had so many agents be extremely rude to me and passive aggressive. They don’t like the offers we put in. I have even had one agent say “Were you drunk when you sent that offer.”

I know there is ROFR and people spend a lot of money on DVC contracts, but something is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. So the offers I sent was what my husband and I were willing to pay.

But regardless we found an awesome SSR contract and have our fingers crossed it passes ROFR
I am envious. This is much better than the contract we purchased at SSR back in March.

Nice deal.

Sorry, I had to LOL at the drunk one. All you can do is laugh.

"Drinking rum before noon makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic"

(tried to edit to give credit for where I remembered this quote from but nothing concrete out there lol)

Last edited:

They are brokers. What that means is they are "Broker" than you. Screw them. They are 1 step away from selling used Kia.

I hope you wrote back "Were you drunk when you wrote this email?"

She actually told me this over the phone. Which is pretty bold bc usually people will email/text ridiculous stuff like that. Not say it directly to the person.
Yeah, I don't love some brokers. There are others that I absolutely adore!

I worked with a broker today strategizing about the structure and presentation of an offer to the seller. In the middle of the conversation she noted that presenting it one way meant less commission for her and she pushed to go in that direction (to save the seller money but do the right thing). I love that she has charater and integrity. Same cannot be said for many others.

Yeah resale is no joke but if you had listened to the brokers you’d have probably paid $7000 more, so to heck with them!

If you decide to add on, would you go through the same process again? It could take years.

If you decide to add on, would you go through the same process again? It could take years.
From all the research I’ve done, our plan is to buy resale (our SSR contract) and then add on direct with Poly2. That way they can match my use year. I don’t think I wanna go through the resale market again. Especially now that I’m trying to match use year.

Question: if/when they offer poly2 discounts to current dvc members will those discounts only be for blue card members or anybody who owns DVC?

From all the research I’ve done, our plan is to buy resale (our SSR contract) and then add on direct with Poly2. That way they can match my use year. I don’t think I wanna go through the resale market again. Especially now that I’m trying to match use year.

Question: if/when they offer poly2 discounts to current dvc members will those discounts only be for blue card members or anybody who owns DVC?
Pretty sure its any owners.

Historically it’s been all owners, however there is nothing preventing them from offering a better “blue card” incentive

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter