ROFR Thread July to Sept 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We tend to self-insure so I’ve never looked into the pricing. If it’s far cheaper than full insurance to rebook later, it could be a very good deal. Just as an example: $99 for a week in a 2bedroom is great, $99 for 2 nights in a studio is steep.
I believe it covers all of your points for a single membership # for an entire use year. It’s not per trip. It’s a good deal, IMO.

The biggest issue happens when you have multiple membership #s or are banking/borrowing across more than one year for stays.

That’s fine and all if an emergency pops up and you can’t make it on your trip, fine. Buying the correct use year for your travel does provide you that free extra insurance on your trips though instead of having to run to Disney and beg for your points back which is definitely not a guarantee whatsoever. Disney is not your friend here. They may do it once but I wouldn't count on it being a regular thing where they give you points back out of the kindness of their heart.
I can see Disney doing it for a one time personal catastrophic event ( think severe auto accident or house burns down) where the people who were going to Disney are hospitalized or worse. As for other " emergencies" such as people being sick, I think not, people get sick all the time.

I believe it covers all of your points for a single membership # for an entire use year. It’s not per trip. It’s a good deal, IMO.

The biggest issue happens when you have multiple membership #s or are banking/borrowing across more than one year for stays.
Just curious when does it give you the option to buy the insurance after you book a trip through DC

That is the kind of contract deal I will be looking for next fall.
There are quite few similar contracts around at the moment… would have been better with a later UY but needed to match my existing… fingers crossed for a quick closing so I can get those banked points used!

JimmyGeppetto---$77-$12430-150-AUL-Dec-150/22, 150/23, 150/24-Seller pays 2023 MFs- sent 9/14, passed 9/22
Happy for you, but also sad for me, as somebody who bought Aulani direct at more than 2x this. We are taking our first trip in November and if we love it, will probably be looking for more points so I can dollar cost average it in my mind. :p

Happy for you, but also sad for me, as somebody who bought Aulani direct at more than 2x this. We are taking our first trip in November and if we love it, will probably be looking for more points so I can dollar cost average it in my mind. :p
Don’t be sad!

I’m sure the resale brokers are going to love all of the $75pp offers that are going to come their way from DISBoarders over the next couple of months…. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter