ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully you'll be in right before that 7 month window opens. You should be able to grab something. I was in WDW this past September and it was one of my favorites so far. Crowd levels were well below expectation after the Labor Day Monday.

That ROFR was fast! I have a contract in ROFR now and I hope they don't lose that steam. :)

Go check out the Estoppel and closing threads. They will have great advice for the rest of the wait and getting finished up.

Hopefully you'll be in right before that 7 month window opens. You should be able to grab something. I was in WDW this past September and it was one of my favorites so far. Crowd levels were well below expectation after the Labor Day Monday.

That ROFR was fast! I have a contract in ROFR now and I hope they don't lose that steam. :)

Go check out the Estoppel and closing threads. They will have great advice for the rest of the wait and getting finished up.
Thanks you rock! Def hope they keep plugging along and get you sorted quick! Def hoping we can grab something, it helps we aren’t super only set on a 10 day period so I think we should be good. Appreciate the pointers on where to look next!

pkrieger2287---$179-$9735-50-VGF-Feb-0/17, 0/18, 100/19, 50/20- sent 11/29, passed 12/20

Had been waiting until this passed and I informed my wife for Christmas before posting (since she stalks me on the boards). Lol

I should also follow this up with the fact that I'm horrible at keeping gifts a secret and after finding out yesterday had to tell her.

Arminnie(seller)---$97-$22910-230-OKW(E)-Oct-0/17, 52/18, 230/19, 230/20-Seller pays MF '18- sent 11/10, taken 12/10

I received my check today 12/20 exactly a week after I received the docs from disney.
No wonder Disney bought this back. This was a great deal!

momto3gr8boys---$100-$16595-160-AKV-Apr-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 160/20-Seller pays MF for 2018 and 2019- sent 11/26

Unfortunately this was taken on 12/20. I'm not sure how to update the list so that this gets added to the general info section. Fingers crossed out next one goes through!

I just updated that unfortunately this got taken. I hope you have better luck!

Oh no! what a bummer, but you found out pretty quick at least. We are going to Disney in 2 weeks and hubby wants to talk about adding direct at CCV with the current incentive so I hope we have an answer by then.

Planning on calling tomorrow. The broker is still posting Facebook pictures from Aulani so that may be why I haven't heard anything yet. I don't really consider that a good reason though if you're running a business like this. The lack of communication from this broker will probably cause me to look elsewhere if this one is taken. I've been patient but this is bordering on ridiculous.

Call your broker if you haven't already. DVD has likely sent the waiver or notice by now but your broker has missed or misplaced it.

I contacted my broker this morning. She said she emailed and one of the admins replied that the person working on this file is out this week but hopefully someone in her department has an answer. She said she's hoping we have an answer by the end of the day. This is my first experience buying resale but this all seems strange. I don't think I've read or heard of anyone having this issue or going past 40 days.

jsand99---$95-$11910-120-AKV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 120/20 - sent 11/16, taken 12/28

So 42 days after it was supposedly sent I get the news that it has been taken. Is the 30 day window for Disney to exercise the ROFR an actual rule or can they really just take as long as they want?

jsand99---$95-$11910-120-AKV-Aug-0/17, 0/18, 0/19, 120/20 - sent 11/16, taken 12/28

So 42 days after it was supposedly sent I get the news that it has been taken. Is the 30 day window for Disney to exercise the ROFR an actual rule or can they really just take as long as they want?
The 30 day rule applies to you, not Disney. You have to give them at least 30 days between submitting for ROFR and closing. They can take all the time they want, limited only by your closing date. Most brokers put a close date at least 60 days out. If closing is 60 days away, they can take 60 days. They just have to decide by the closing date and you can’t give them less than 30 days to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter