ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have never done ROFR, here's what at least our broker is currently sending out when you pass ROFR
(looks like they are buffering plenty of time expectation for both estoppel and membership transfer)

"Great News! Disney waived ROFR on your contract and so it will now go to the title company for closing. About 2-3 weeks after waiver, Disney will issue the estoppel certificate to the title company.

Here is a brief timeline of the remaining steps:

1) Once the title company receives the estoppel they can prepare and send the closing documents to you

2) Once the documents are returned by both parties, the title company can close the contract and you will be notified.

3) Lastly, the contract is recorded and a copy is sent to Disney for Membership transfer which typically takes 14-21 days. Please note: Due to COVID19, this process could take up to 45-60 days as Disney has notified us they have made significant reductions in staffing and those Cast Members that remain are working remotely.

SELLERS: Once the ownership transfer is complete, the title company will send out your proceeds. BUYERS: Once the ownership transfer is complete, Disney will send you two emails with your membership information, or if you are a current member adding on with same title and use year, your account will be updated with the new contract."

gskywalker---$132-$32510-240-BLT-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 242/21, 240/22- sent 11/13

2nd attempt. Very pessimistic that this will go through during Disney's BLT buying spree, but had to try again. Was hoping for a bunch of banked points but the price was right. I really wish an international buyer made it annoying for Disney like it does for International seller.

Last edited:

pangyal - please correct my data for this contract. I had noted it as $142/Pt, in error. It just closed today, and it sold at $140/Point - $4,200 total, before Closing.
The closing cost were also adjusted to reflect the actuals:

E2ME2---$140-$4840-30-BCV-Jun-0/19, 30/20, 30/21, 30/22- sent 9/16, passed 10/29

Closed 11/13/20 -
In the "Closing Time " thread, I explain my error......:goodvibes

2nd attempt. Very pessimistic that this will go through during Disney's BLT buying spree, but had to try again. Was hoping for a bunch of banked points but the price was right. I really wish an international buyer made it annoying for Disney like it does for International seller.
If we both must send every BLT contract on every resale site to feed the ROFR beast, then let's do it. Good luck on your second. My third attempt went today; $142 per point and missing 2/3 of its 2020 points. Maybe that will look less delicious to the beast?

If we both must send every BLT contract on every resale site to feed the ROFR beast, then let's do it. Good luck on your second. My third attempt went today; $142 per point and missing 2/3 of its 2020 points. Maybe that will look less delicious to the beast?

Well bright side for you is at that price per point if they only take one they will likely grab my contract. Best of luck to you. If this one fails I will probably try again after Christmas.

Well bright side for you is at that price per point if they only take one they will likely grab my contract. Best of luck to you. If this one fails I will probably try again after Christmas.

Good luck to you both! Like you, this is my third attempt and if it fails I'll probably try after Christmas too.

Last edited:
Third time's a charm, right?

dale-n-chip---$90-$21385-230-OKW-Jun-0/19, 230/20, 230/21, 230/22- sent 11/14

Yes, we know the price is well below what's been taken recently. We are in no big rush and it's worth the effort to try, especially as things are moving quickly these days.

Fingers crossed for you. We passed in oct for BLT @$135. 170 points. We haven't seen any pass less that ours recently unfortunately. But you might have an international seller. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter