• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they have been as fast as you could hope for with us so far.

rM3panno---$127-$13,458-100-RR-Aug-0/22, 0/23, 78/24, 100/25- sent 10/12, passed 10/27

Closing docs received via email today 10/30 and returned to Fedex 2 hours later signed with cashiers check.

Just stalk it hourly. There are always prebooked reservations that folks couldn’t rent out that open up. So there’s always a chance!!!
I agree, in March I put together a last minute 7 night trip piecemeal style and it worked wonderfully. I was pretty much stalking the site at all hours of the day and night. Good luck, I think you can do it if the points load quickly! ;)

PASSED!!!!!!!!! WHOO HOO!
I can see the deed recorded yesterday, 10/29. Any idea on how long it takes to have the points loaded with Disney? I am a current OKW owner, but I added a person with me on my deed this time. Wondering becz I wanted to try to book some time for my fiancee's birthday late November, and not sure if I can pull it off. Thanks!

I can see the deed recorded yesterday, 10/29. Any idea on how long it takes to have the points loaded with Disney? I am a current OKW owner, but I added a person with me on my deed this time. Wondering becz I wanted to try to book some time for my fiancee's birthday late November, and not sure if I can pull it off. Thanks!
I have had pretty good success at just watching my contract section and the day I see it in my contract section I call member services and inquire about the point load. Usually within 24 hours of the call the points get loaded. Not guaranteed but I have had pretty good success with that strategy.
Update: Unless this is your first contract and you are a new member then you have to wait for your account setup emails which can slow the process down a bit.

We closed on BCV at the beginning of this month and the contract was loaded into our (existing member) account about 15 days later, maybe 16, but points were already loaded. 😀

When I see these types of sales, I always think there is some hidden reason that if we knew we would not count the sale when making price calculations.
It doesn’t seem *that* low for BLT— could just be someone trying to offload a contract stripped of 23 and 24 points, if you figure that $10/pt/year is fair, would it really be that far off current trend?

It doesn’t seem *that* low for BLT— could just be someone trying to offload a contract stripped of 23 and 24 points, if you figure that $10/pt/year is fair, would it really be that far off current trend?
It looks like they paid the 24 dues so I assume they are getting February 2024 points.

Just went back and looked and the Grantee (purchaser) paid the 2024 dues.

And if you add $10 to get to $128 it is still about $8 dollars a point lower than average.

Last edited:

I just think it’s on the low end, even if stripped. But then again I don’t use the $10/pt reduction that some do when deciding.

I mean if you are going a 37 year contract, how can one year be worth $10/pt? And yes, I know people see it as the rental minus dues..but still.

When I see these types of sales, I always think there is some hidden reason that if we knew we would not count the sale when making price calculations.
Could be a person is selling to a friend.?
I mean with no ROFR, you could do a friend a favor, or even add cash on the side.. no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter