• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not do both
It will depend on what plans they have for the resort in 2057. If they plan on doing a full demolition they may do a combination of reselling, renting and closing down buildings if they own all of the "points" in that building.

This is the result of casual browsing habit for months now. 😅 I wasn't exactly ready to buy but also didn't really want to let this go since its my uy. I'm sending myself to ban island after this!

Sunnyore---$289-$15230-50-VGC-Aug-0/22, 12/23, 50/24, 50/25- sent 11/18
I mean, how could you pass this up?!

I know there’s a camp that thinks the 2042 no extension no quit claim original direct OKW owners will magically get to keep using OKW until 2057, but I’m not in that camp - I think a court will hold them to the terms of the original contract they signed w/ the 2042 expiration date since they got the benefit of the bargain & opted to not extend. The bigger question in my mind is how will OKW work for those who did extend or who’ve bought direct from DVC w/ the extended date? Will DVC sell the 2042 points they get back as 15 year contracts? Keep those points & rent them for cash? That’s the mess I foresee.
Well did not think of that...

Can Disney force you to change your ownership from your deeded building to another one. That’s another part of the equation.

Can Disney force you to change your ownership from your deeded building to another one. That’s another part of the equation.

I don’t know that they could because to change the deed it requires the owner to sign. And, even if the they offer owners money or make it easy with an online notary, there are bound to still be some who don’t do it.

Seems like we are going to see more and more delays.
God I hope not. But I think it might have to do with the holidays. But I was told I should have a problem since the contract I put an offer in for is an international seller so I should have that much of a problem. So for me it's a waiting game. But my butt keeps going back and eyeing up more contracts. hahahah

God I hope not. But I think it might have to do with the holidays. But I was told I should have a problem since the contract I put an offer in for is an international seller so I should have that much of a problem. So for me it's a waiting game. But my butt keeps going back and eyeing up more contracts. hahahah
If it's international seller, it's less likely to get ROFR'd but it matters a little more who does the title. There have been people here who have had issues with the FIRPTA tax as a result of the title company messing up when buying from an international seller and finding out about it 8 months later. I imagine this is why DVC avoids international seller contracts to avoid having to deal with it.

If it's international seller, it's less likely to get ROFR'd but it matters a little more who does the title. There have been people here who have had issues with the FIRPTA tax as a result of the title company messing up when buying from an international seller and finding out about it 8 months later. I imagine this is why DVC avoids international seller contracts to avoid having to deal with it.
Let hope I don’t have to worry about this. Cuz it would succcckkkkkk

I don’t know that they could because to change the deed it requires the owner to sign. And, even if the they offer owners money or make it easy with an online notary, there are bound to still be some who don’t do it.
That's what I would think as well, and why I think they are going to struggle to designate some buildings as old and others as new.

I doubt there will ever be an "extension" offered again. The whole thing is a mess, and Disney seems to have decided they'll worry about it in 30 years.

That's what I would think as well, and why I think they are going to struggle to designate some buildings as old and others as new.

I doubt there will ever be an "extension" offered again. The whole thing is a mess, and Disney seems to have decided they'll worry about it in 30 years.

They can certainly place people in some buildings and not use the other buildings…shutter them in some way…but what they can’t do is remove them from the condo association without a reason.

I am pretty sure that the condo documents include reasons for it…for example, I know if part of the resort is damaged and they don’t redo it, owners are given their share of insurance…

Not sure how this wouod be handled

DVC will never offer an extension again with the possible only exception being an offer to the remaining holdouts of the OKW 2042 contracts that did not sign the quit claim documents when they didn't pay for the extension. In my opinion this wouldn't happen until 2040/2041 if it happens at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter