ROFR Thread October to December 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great price. So glad August isn’t my use year or I might find myself adding more points today as well haha
I've lurked on this board for almost a year and have been making offers since March 2023, with this being my first accepted offer. Patience paid off for me, holding my ground. Now we'll see how long it takes for add-on-itis to grab ahold of me lol

May I ask, why are there so many recent posts about “Cammy”? She is brokering my contract but I have never used her before. What’s the sudden interest from posters about her company?
She recently switched companies, & people were concerned she wouldn't be around, but it has turned out she is very much still around and still doing great work.

May I ask, why are there so many recent posts about “Cammy”? She is brokering my contract but I have never used her before. What’s the sudden interest from posters about her company?
She left a company that many people used (Mason) and did a good job there (based on disboard members experiences). She has always been recommended here, but there is more chat lately since she either joined or started a new company (I'm not sure which...)

At least, that's what I have pieced together.

@AwfulWaffle Just looking thru contracts listed on the first page "passed" etc, & noticed you scoped up a bunch of small contracts (sounds like a dream) how do you feel about it now & how many did you get & how many do you own in total?

She left a company that many people used (Mason) and did a good job there (based on disboard members experiences). She has always been recommended here, but there is more chat lately since she either joined or started a new company (I'm not sure which...)

She's with DVC Title and Escrow now. She did a good job with my contract this summer and I have requested her for my new contract that Im working on now....
BUT.. she's not infallible.

@AwfulWaffle Just looking thru contracts listed on the first page "passed" etc, & noticed you scoped up a bunch of small contracts (sounds like a dream) how do you feel about it now & how many did you get & how many do you own in total?
I know I paid extra for all the additional closing fees but we need 300iah points to do a 1 BR one week a year and I don’t want to get stuck in a single huge contract that would be difficult to unload down the road. We like our split stays so CCV is our resort of choice and the rest are either SAP or 11 month booking windows we wanted to own at. We can lock down two at the 11 month window and rebook at the 7th month if we don’t want to do a split stay but split stays don’t bother us. All said and done I still ended up coming out cheaper then had I bought a 150 point studio only contract direct. Yes please 🎉

I know I paid extra for all the additional closing fees but we need 300iah points to do a 1 BR one week a year and I don’t want to get stuck in a single huge contract that would be difficult to unload down the road. We like our split stays so CCV is our resort of choice and the rest are either SAP or 11 month booking windows we wanted to own at. We can lock down two at the 11 month window and rebook at the 7th month if we don’t want to do a split stay but split stays don’t bother us. All said and done I still ended up coming out cheaper then had I bought a 150 point studio only contract direct. Yes please 🎉
I love that plan, and I think I’m on that path myself so was curious on your thought process.

DVD may be trying to find money to buy this one back still LOL - GREAT GREAT PRICE!
Take this with a grain of salt (may a whole shaker full). I have a newer employee who says their B-I-L works for Disney/DVD. He stated to her that Disney/DVD is only going to, at their discretion ROFR "newly" sold out resorts. They will no longer ROFR the "legacy" resorts . DVD wants to drive people to buy the "new" inventory that they are selling no matter how profitable it may be to resell Legacy contracts as direct since they feel they would have bought the "new" resort if the legacy was not available as direct. The only legacy resorts they will buy back according to him are ones in a foreclosure auction that where the financing was backed either directly or indirectly by Disney/DVD. This has something to do with Florida law were they cannot sue the debtor for the balance of the foreclosed loan. Disney/DVD will buy the property in auction to be able to resell to help mitigate the loss. If this is true then the only way you can get legacy resorts direct now would be if the have any in existing inventory or if they buy some back at the foreclosure auction since they won't ROFR any in the future to have inventory to sell.

I've lurked on this board for almost a year and have been making offers since March 2023, with this being my first accepted offer. Patience paid off for me, holding my ground. Now we'll see how long it takes for add-on-itis to grab ahold of me lol
Although I've been a DVC member since 2013, I had the same strategy when adding on this year (first contract since 2015) and also started making offers in March. I took 34 offers before one was accepted in November. Way to stick to your guns!

I just closed on a contract last month and Cammy was the title agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter