ROFR timeline buying from international sellers

Tom Hafner

Earning My Ears
When in ROFR status does Disney move international contracts through quicker since they rarely buy these back? Or is there no rhyme or reason for the ROFR wait time?

We’ve only bid on two contracts— one a US seller, one international— and there wasn’t any real difference in ROFR wait.

Just my opinion. Lately, it seems that passing contracts are quicker than contracts that get taken.

This is just my feeling from some of the ones I've been watching. For example- My international seller passed in 28 days, my domestic seller was taken at 32 days.

Even then, there are plenty of exceptions to theory. The difference is also so small to be considered insignificant. Definitely, not enough to be a deciding factor on it's own.

We’ve only bid on two contracts— one a US seller, one international— and there wasn’t any real difference in ROFR wait.

That's been my experience as well. To me, there no difference, rhyme or reason, all ROFR paperwork goes to the same desk / into the same queue, and DVC just does whatever they do, and you can't complain about the process, other than patiently smile at at them.

Good luck on passing ROFR.

Great3

We signed our contract with an international seller on 9/1 after waiting over 30 days 3x on US sellers & getting rofr’ed every time. Just heard today that we passed rofr. It was considerably shorter with the international seller this time!

It’s been about the same for us. We lost 3 to ROFR right at the 4 week mark, our 4th was an international seller and it was 3 days shy of 4 weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter