Rogers the Musical coming to DCA this summer!! **Edit: Opens 6/30**

Really hoping they extend it beyond the summer (because I was trying to avoid another trip until the DL Half). I know they did dining packages for a while for Frozen, odds on whether they will do a dining package or dessert party for this (there are a lot of adult Marvel fans with money to spend)?

Heck, I would have settled for The South Tunnel Elementary School Second Grade Class performing "a tale of heroes so bold who vanquished our grasshopper enemies of old"

Off topic...but have you seen the show Resident Alien? There was a subplot in one episode that had the mayor write a truly awful play for the children of the town to perform, and for some reason my mind jumped to that when I read your comment.

Same. I don't even know what this is. I gave up on the Marvel universe early on.

In the series Hawkeye, there was a musical about the story of Captain America and the Avengers. Clint was clearly invited to be a guest in the front row, but the show is purposefully bad and very cringey. Clint walked out - so I'm just not sure how good this is even supposed to be!

In the series Hawkeye, there was a musical about the story of Captain America and the Avengers. Clint was clearly invited to be a guest in the front row, but the show is purposefully bad and very cringey. Clint walked out - so I'm just not sure how good this is even supposed to be!

Well, that sounds terrible then. I mean, I suppose they could go all in and make it really funny.

Well, that sounds terrible then. I mean, I suppose they could go all in and make it really funny.

It was intentionally bad/funny. The worst was the costumes:

rogers_the_musical.png

It's all very, purposefully, cheap.

Oh man, I'm hoping this is less "limited time" than what it could be. I'd pretty much resolved that I wasn't going to make the trip to CA this year, but I really, really want to check this out!

I'm a little surprised they are moving ahead with this. But I think it's something a lot of Marvel fans actually want to see.
Yes, it's meant to be really campy and cheesy which is why I am a little surprised...it's a departure from what they have done with live shows, especially in that theatre. But I don't doubt that this could be a fun/funny show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter