ROL/Dining package in late September question

LKMAMA

Earning My Ears
I have scheduled AK in our plans for Thursday, September 28th. I have a FP+ for;
Safari - 12:10
Kali RR 1:45
I currently have a ROL Dining Package at 1PM at Tusker House... Here is my dilemma, I looked at the menu. I will eat pretty much everything on the menu happily. My family....not so much. It is not that they are "picky" (except DD8), but in a buffet setting, at that price point I just don't see the value of it. We are much happier snacking through the day, sharing QS meals, getting Apps at lounges, etc. How bad are the standby lines for ROL? What do you think they will be like on a Thursday night at the end of September? What are the chances of getting a 4th FP after Kali for ROL?

What would you do??? Note that this is only our second family trip to WDW, and probably the last until 2020 or 2021, so "seeing it next time" is not really in the cards.

Looks like there's only one showing that day. For standby with one showing you'd need to be there 60+ min in advance. Unless crowds have gone down a bunch for the show, 60 min in advance when I saw it a couple months ago the standby seating was at capacity. Back then you needed to be in 75+ min. I'd say 60+ now would be a good bet with one showing

Chances of getting RoL as a 4th FP is highly unlikely. You could get lucky and get it, but I wouldn't count on it.

I would keep your FP's the way they are, try to see if you could score it as a 4th FP, if not then if the show means a ton to see then I'd show up 60+ min ahead. If not seeing the show isn't a deal breaker and you don't want to show up at early, then stop by 30 min ahead and see if there's still seating

What if you went the other way and switched to a Tiffins package? Depending on what you order the package can save you money.

Tiffins looks great, but I run into the same problem with not seeing my kids getting their money's worth (especially the 8yo). I am going to sit on this for a while longer before I make a decision. I think CAS239 is right, where a 4th FP+ is probably not going to happen, so I either keep the ressie knowing I am going to not get a good value, or I let the ressie go and probably not see ROL.... Either way, we will be back at AK in the evening to see Pandora lit up.

Thank you both for your input.

I think if the rest of family will have problems eating at tiffins then I would give it a miss as it would be a waist of money and just eat casually or if you have time eat of site at disney springs ect. I would try and do Safari early in the morning or close to sunset to see alot of the animals. Cancel Kari FP and try and get FP for river of light especilly if you have a family, it would make it easier and you do not have to arrive as early at ROL.

I think there's a good a goos chance of getting it as a 4th FP. I saw availability on and off throughout the afternoon on Sunday. Start looking when you scan in to Kali and keep checking if you don't see it right away. We did the tiffins package though and loved the meal and our seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter