roll away beds

Minnie's Mate

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this has been asked before, but can you get a roll away bed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge?

We have stayed at the AKL twice before so I know how small the rooms are but we plan to ask for a queen with bunks. My mother will be joining us for one night while we are at AKL and I would like to get a roll away for one of the kids that night and let her have the bottom bunk. I don't want to go with a deluxe room with sleeper sofa for the whole trip when we just need the extra bed for one night and won't be spending a great deal of time in the room.

Unforunately, no they won't. The stated occupancy limit of a standard room at AKL is 4 people with one chld under 3 in a crib. With the addition of your mother, you'll be over the limit. Also, I believe that most WDW hotels don't provide roll-aways anyway. I think the Swam and Dolphin have them though.

when i went in august i got a roll away bed at the carribean beach resort for 15 dollars a nite, they dont advertise them but when you check in you ask for them and i got one.

The AKL doesn't have rollaways. There wouldn't be anyplace in teh room to put one anyhow!

You could always moe to a deluxe room for the night that she'll be with you--I'm assuming it's the last night of the trip. You'll also be charged $25 for having an extra adult in the room.

Anne

What about at the VWL? We are getting a 1-bdr for myself, DH, DD and FIL. DH and I were planning on taking the King bed in the bedroom and having FIL sleep on the pullout Queen. We were hoping to get a rollaway for DD. Will this work?

The DVC resorts don't provide rollaways or any extra bedding (including sheets) than what is provided in the villa. If you need more beds than that, you'll need a two bedroom. You can try to bring an aero bed, but with the sofa pulled out, there really isn't any extra room in the living room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter