Roll call for May 22nd Western

I am really looking forward to meeting you two Missouri gals..Looks like I am not the only one looking to hit the parks in a hurry.....Hmmmm Princess Tink...:smooth: :smooth:

.... feeling at little jealous here, as I have not recvd our docs from All Seasons & we are in Jacksonville with them.....now that's really a go figure.

As far as travel plans, we will just be driving to the port Sat morning since we are only a couple of hours away :~)

Leslie:Pinkbounc

Princess Tink all I can say is WOW! You're going to need the cruise to rest after 2 days like that.

We're in South Central MO. About 1 hour south of Jeff City. Very much small town america here. We'd love to go down a day early, but DD is already missing the last 3 days of school. Darn ice storms this past winter.

DH and I are wishing we could spend some time in the parks. We're having withdrawl. The last few years, it been take a cruise and do a couple of days in the parks. We're hoping this fall to maybe take a week at WDW. No cruise, just parks.

MO Disney cruiser, that's what my DH keeps saying too....and that he thought we were going to have a relaxing vacation this year. I told him he had 5 days full of relaxation, and what he wanted last year. He has to give a little!

Unfortunately, we got hit by quite a few Snow Days after the first of the year too. My poor little DS is going to be missing 4.5 days of school. We used to have days padded into the schedule that allowed room for a couple days or at least I thought. He was suppose to get out half day May 18, not it's been extended to May 26. Luckily he's only in Kindergarten, I sopke to his teacher and she assured me he would not miss out on anything. It's so hard to plan a vacation, as he attends summer school. Summer school in our town is normal for most children, they offer enrichment classes and do some fun things. It keeps him busy since both DH and I work full time. And this way he stays focused and into the routine of school. He ussually only gets a week or so off in between regular school and summer school, then they get a few days break around the first of July, then 2-3 weeks in August. But, who wants to vacation in August.....not us!

We typically vacation the first 2 weeks of July because that's when DH gets his vacation, it's a company wide shut down type thing....we don't really like ii, but don't have too much of a choice. He also gets the time off in between Christmas and New Years, which unfortuantely does not do much better for the cost of a cruise, not to mention I can not get him to vacation during that time yet anyhow.

When we looked to book this cruise 18 months ago, we found that it actually saved us between $1000-2000 in the total cost of the cruise, so we decided one way or another we were going in late May (but that's a whole other story).

Is anyone going diving while in Cozumel? My husband scuba dives and in the past we had extended family with us on the cruise with a diver or two. I would really like to hook him up with a fellow diver.

Lori

I'm with you on the August vacation. Yuck! Between the heat and the cost. No thanks.

We normally vacation in September. The busy season kicks into high gear at work in October. I need to gather up energy before the 12+ hour days kick in.

The only reason we chose this cruise is that we were playing on the internet back in June and saw this one for a good rate. We had been wanting to take a 7 day cruise. We've taken several 3/4. We thought DD would be out of school by then. Our district does build in days since we are in a rural area. More ice than expected. That and(I still don't get this one) the district was given off a day this spring since the high school girls basketball team made it to the final 4. Like we all needed a day off for that:rolleyes:

I was checking today on the travel websites and several of them have our cruise sold out. See you there:wave:

Unless I missed it, it doesn't seem that anyone has been upgraded. What is up with that? This cruise was heavily booked early, apparently, but there were still some of the higher categories showing availability recently so I would have thought some of us lower ones would have been pushed up??

Maybe that is why my docs haven't come yet. They are waiting to the last minute to see just how much they can upgrade me! :p

lori1035 - my family and i are diving in coz. but not through disney. (youngest daughter is 11). we are diving with dive paradise.
this will be our 2nd ocean dive, the 1st being in grand caymen. just certified last summer.

That leaves you Leslie without the docs...Any news??? Booked mine through DVC, hoping I would get an upgrade..Guess not:mad:

You can add our family to the DIS-meet list. It would be just DH and I since I figure the kids would rather be in the clubs. We should be there unless something else comes up. ;) .

What exactly happens at these DIS-meets?:wave2:

Hello, days-going-so-slow! I see that you are also from Louisiana. Which area are you from? Could we be neighbors?

Even though this is our 4th Disney cruise, I can't answer your question about the DIS meet. I haven't ever been to one, but I imagine we'll just meet and greet each other.

Lori

Hi days going so slow After months of making our cruise preparations togetheir it is the day where we finally get to meet each other.I guess the meet will last an hour or so to get aquainted with the people who we are sharing these great plans with. Hope to see you there. I will add you to our list on the first page of this thread.....John

still no docs... BUT...I did however receive an email from All Seasons inviting us to their offices on 5/10 for an Open House & to pick up our docs.......5/10... not sure I want to wait that long...unless maybe we got the upgrade(yeah right)!

cbwgators - wow.. didnt realize you were from Jax too, but I should have known from the "gator" part. I know you said you received your docs already, but are you going to All Seasons on the 10th?

Leslie:Pinkbounc

Hi Leslie,

I'm not sure if my family will be there. I am almost certain I will not be -- I work until 7:15 pm. My husband might bring the kids.

I talked to Michael from there. I think they mailed our docs because they had our email address wrong.

Camille

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter