• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rollaway possible?

Jillio1

Earning My Ears
Hello!
I am booked on a cruise on the Wonder this December and am considering upgrading from a deluxe family verandah room to a concierge 1 bedroom suite. I have two kids, ages 12 (girl) & 15 (boy). The only concierge room available is a handicap accessible room that has no wall or pull down bed - just a queen bed in the bedroom and a double sofa bed. My kids don't really want to share a bed, and for the price I don't really want them to have to either. I've spoken to a few different cast members and received conflicting information on whether a rollaway bed would be a possibility. One email said "rollaways are never permitted on board" but I've seen posts on here where people have gotten them. So I called and the person I spoke with said the decision whether or not to permit a rollaway would be made by the ship safety officer - no guarantees. So I guess I'm wondering if anyone has been issued a rollaway in a concierge room? Or if not, would you say it's "worth it" to book the room and bring a blow up bed or something? I think the extra space and other concierge benefits sound super nice, though it is a lot more money - like a third of the total cruise price. Just trying to weigh all the pros and cons. I feel like if I knew my kids could both sleep comfortably, I'd do it. Anyway, just wanted input from the experts! Thanks!

Is there another adult for a total of 4 or is it only 3 people? I don't think Disney will even let you book a room that only has sleeping for 3 if you have 4 people.

Is there another adult for a total of 4 or is it only 3 people? I don't think Disney will even let you book a room that only has sleeping for 3 if you have 4 people.
The Concierge 1 bedroom suites sleep 5 - queen bed (2); double sleeper sofa (2); and a murphy bed (1) in all but 4 of the rooms.

The Concierge 1 bedroom suites sleep 5 - queen bed (2); double sleeper sofa (2); and a murphy bed (1) in all but 4 of the rooms.

Ah the double sleeper sofa is what I was missing. I'm use to the regular rooms that are only a single sleeper sofa.

There will be 4 of us total - two kids and two adults. But I think I missed my chance! Looks like the room just got snapped up - it's not showing on the website anymore :(

I realize this is a moot point now, but...

As far as I know there is no such thing as a rollaway on the ships.

UPDATE: So the room was still available (after disappearing online for a couple of hours, it suddenly came back!) and I decided to go ahead and book it! The woman I spoke with talked to the guest services manager who said DCL is "in the process of getting rid of all of their rollaways" so I can request one on board, but may or may not get one. She also said no inflatable beds are allowed. I guess we are just going to roll the dice and if it ends up that the kids have to share the sofa bed, so be it. They'll survive - ha! I'm super excited about it - and I think I'll make the big room a surprise for the kids :) Only 58 days to go... can't wait!

UPDATE: So the room was still available (after disappearing online for a couple of hours, it suddenly came back!) and I decided to go ahead and book it! The woman I spoke with talked to the guest services manager who said DCL is "in the process of getting rid of all of their rollaways" so I can request one on board, but may or may not get one. She also said no inflatable beds are allowed. I guess we are just going to roll the dice and if it ends up that the kids have to share the sofa bed, so be it. They'll survive - ha! I'm super excited about it - and I think I'll make the big room a surprise for the kids :) Only 58 days to go... can't wait!
What room did you book? As I said, there are only 4 Concierge 1 bedroom suites that don't have the murphy bed.

Yes it's possible to get another bed. We were given a rollaway bed on the Magic, in a 1 bedroom suite, so they do offer this. It was basically for the same reason... two people who couldn't share the pull out. The rollaway looked to be quite comfy, though I did not use it personally as my wife and I were in the bedroom.

We are booked in room 8600. I wonder if there won't be any rollaways on the ship at all since it will have just come out of dry dock? They said that DCL was phasing the rollaways out fleet-wide, so I'd be surprised if they even have any on board... I guess I'll find out!!!

Just throwing this out there... could you share with your daughter and put your husband on the sofa with your son? The kids might prefer this mix if there's no other bed.

My daughter slept in the double sofa bed and said it was the most comfortable sofa bed she had ever experienced on a ship.

I'm fairly sure none of the HA Concierge 1-Bedroom's on the Magic class ships have the Murphy bed.

To the OP: I'm agree with you that the kids should just tough it out and share a bed if they have to! Haha. The extra space in the room and larger veranda should make it worth it.

We have an oceanview stateroom and are (supposedly) getting a rollaway bed in our room. There is just a queen, a single sofa bed and the bunk. I have 2 kids, a 4 year old and a 9 year old who is disabled. The 9 year old can't climb the ladder to the bunk and I don't trust the 4 year old sleeping on the top. Disney agreed to accommodate us, since the only other option would be to upgrade to a family oceanview (at $3000 more!) Ugh, no. I'll let you know how it all pans out.

Since you are concierge, get in touch with the shoreside team immediately and explain to them your concern and see what they can do to help you out! Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

This is practically the exact situation my family was in, HA concierge 1B and all. However, we upgraded at the port. Housekeeping/concierge was able to get us a rollaway. Only issue was position since we were in 8102, and the room in slightly angled. Ended up fitting the rollaway in the alcove next to a closet. Good thing about 8100, 8102, 8600, and 8602 are slightly larger verandas, I joked we could order pizza from room service and easily have a pizza party on our veranda.

We were in 8102 too when we used the rollaway. The steward set it up almost next to the pull-out sofa but at a slight angle. Tight but worked well. It was removed early in the day after we awoke and appeared in the evenings after dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter