RollerCoasters

Betsyboo

Earning My Ears
We are visiting Orlando in March 2002. My son aged 13yrs would like to know which rollercoaster is the best to visit.

Thanks

Universal Studios is roller coaster heaven!!!!!!!!At disney the Rockin Roller Coaster is great as is space mountain....Tower of Terror at MGM Disney is still the BEST!! !!!....Ted

Islands of Adventure has several BRILLIANT coasters. The Incredible Hulk, Duelling Dragons, plus Spiderman, Jurassic Park etc.
An hour down the road in Tampa is Busch Gardens with Montu, Kumba etc.
I have 2 teenage sons and these were their favourites.

Bridda

Yes, I agree, Islands of Adventure is the place to go for awesome coasters..

For a great description of the Hulk and Spiderman on this site CLICK HERE

and for Dueling Dragons CLICK HERE

Enjoy! IOA is a 13yo boy's HEAVEN!

Don't forget that Bush Garden is also right down the road you might consider a day trip to there as well. Bush Garden also has several great coasters. If you plan on staying in Orlando though IOA can't be beat.

Don't forget Sea World. There are two, Kraken and Journey to Atlantis. Both are great! And I loved IOA because it is mainly coasters. On Dueling Dragons there are two tracks, fire and ice, and when you get off one you get to cut the line and ride the other. We rode it about six times in a row (we were there on a not so crowded day last December). Hulk is great and not as scary of a take off as RnR at MGM 40mph vs 60 mph. If you like coasters, Orlando is definately the place to go!

On my Coaster Richter Scale.....

1) Hulk
2) Kraken
3) Dueling Dragons
4) Kumba (Busch)
5) Rock n Roller
6) Montu (Busch)
7) Gwazi (Busch)
7) Journey to Atlantis
8) Python (Busch)
9) Scorpion (Busch)
10) Big Thunder

(Spiderman is top ride, IMHO, but isn't actually a coaster)

IOA has my vote if you are staying just in the Orlando area. HULK is incredible and so is Dueling Dragons. The themeing at IOA is incredible!!!

Busch Gardens has much more in the way of coasters though. But you have to be willing to drive to Tampa (easy drive!). We bounce back and forth between WDW and Universal Studios Escape (we get passes including Wet N Wild, Busch Gardens and Sea World). If you are looking for THRILL rides, I would go with Universal Escape. If you just one one day of "thrills", either do IOA or Busch Gardens!

My list of coasters:

1)Kraken
2)Fire
3)Hulk
4)Rock n' Roller
5)Atlantis
6)Ice

I agree--if you're staying in Orlando, definitely check in on Islands of Adventure...This park is the best thrill ride collection in the area...Spiderman and Poseiden's Fury at IOA prove to me that at least for now, Universal is number one in terms of spectacular new ride development.

Thank you for all the great suggestions. We will visit Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens as well as Disney so I think we will have a go on all the rollercoasters mentioned !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter