• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rolling FP's

soar2014

Looking at sanity in the rear view mirror
I do not have a smartphone. How can I get rolling FP's?

Are you talking about the ones you can get after you've used the first three (or they've expired)? You can't book additional ones on a phone; you have to go to a kiosk.

Not sure what a "rolling FP" is. If you do not have a smartphone, but you have a computer with internet connectivity, (which you must since you posted here), you set up an account on My Disney Experience and link your admission ticket to that account. Once you do that, you can use that computer to book your first 3 FP for each day well in advance. No smartphone needed. Once you are in the park and have used up your 3 FPs, you take your admission ticket, (or Magic Band if using one) to a kiosk and tap your ticket (or band) to the machine and the machine will recognize you. Once recognized, you use the machine (like an ATM) to book your 4th FP. And so on with your 5th-20th. No smartphone needed.

As someone who does not have a smart phone, I do think we are a disadvantage because we cannot receive emails letting us know that a ride is disabled or access to the MDE app which shows stand-by wait times (or the more accurate unofficial wait times).

As someone who does not have a smart phone, I do think we are a disadvantage because we cannot receive emails letting us know that a ride is disabled or access to the MDE app which shows stand-by wait times (or the more accurate unofficial wait times).

Lots of people can't access that info with smartphones - the MDE website is notoriously bad while at the parks. (Although for some reason, we've never had a problem?)

Are you talking about the ones you can get after you've used the first three (or they've expired)? You can't book additional ones on a phone; you have to go to a kiosk.

AH! Okay then, good to know. I'm taking a friend in June (novice) and it's been a year since I've been myself. She's a little annoyed at me asking her questions because I want to know what her expectations are so I can customize the trip to suit her and her kids.
Newbies are the typical visitor. Show up to parks whenever they wake up LOL. It's thanks to people like that which allow Dis'ers to plan around the masses and enjoy the parks more.

Not sure what a "rolling FP" is. If you do not have a smartphone, but you have a computer with internet connectivity, (which you must since you posted here), you set up an account on My Disney Experience and link your admission ticket to that account. Once you do that, you can use that computer to book your first 3 FP for each day well in advance. No smartphone needed. Once you are in the park and have used up your 3 FPs, you take your admission ticket, (or Magic Band if using one) to a kiosk and tap your ticket (or band) to the machine and the machine will recognize you. Once recognized, you use the machine (like an ATM) to book your 4th FP. And so on with your 5th-20th. No smartphone needed.
Okay, thanks! Now I know that you have to go to a kiosk for the remaining fastpass access. Rolling fastpasses are what has been called the fastpasses that occur after your original 3. You can continue to get them but only in a rolling sequence. Can't remember where I saw the word used....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter