• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Romantic Dinner Ideas

Noah_t

Mouseketeer
I would love to hear peoples past Dining experiances with their significant others that turned out very nice. We will be down next January and i am going to hire a nanny so we can have a few hours alone. We are staying at Bay Lake Tower so any park other than Animal Kingdom would work. Thanks in advance.

I just looked at their menu and was blown away. I would love that. Unfortunately though my date is a vegetarian.......

I just googled it and see they might do a special menu for vegetarians!! They even printed a special menu.

They call you a few days beforehand to check everyone’s dietary requirements and personalize each diner’s menu accordingly. Very expensive but a truly wonderful experience.

Victoria & Albert’s is on my bucket list for sure! But (slightly?) cheaper might be California Grill. If you have an evening reservation you can watch Happily Ever After. We did that in 2017 and it was very romantic :lovestruc

I would love to hear peoples past Dining experiances with their significant others that turned out very nice. We will be down next January and i am going to hire a nanny so we can have a few hours alone. We are staying at Bay Lake Tower so any park other than Animal Kingdom would work. Thanks in advance.
Agreed, V & A is unparalleled.

Otherwise, Swan & Dolphin Signatures (which are NOT part of prepaid Disney Dining) have excellent food and ambiance. We're partial to Blue Zoo, but we also prefer seafood menus.
https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com
Also, Capa at the Four Seasons is top-notch too.
https://www.fourseasons.com/orlando/dining/restaurants/capa/
On a less costly and more convenient note - we witnessed a marriage proposal inside the 'intimate' West Wing dining room at Be Our Guest.

And were you not traveling in January, I'd suggest eating at Casey's and enjoying the live-piano. For dessert, attend a party to get prime viewing of fireworks. Also, if you get dressed-up and purchase 'Just Married' ears, you'll feel like you're on a 2nd Honeymoon.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...d-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party-plaza-view/

But nothing beats the live-harp music and service at V & A.

At a different price point we ate a great meal at Wine Bar George that hit all the check points for a dinner for two even though more guests could readily be accommodating for a different time.

I bet Jaleo could fill the bill as well as Flying Fish. I'm still peeved at a bad service experience at bluezoo to return there anytime soon. I will say that when management was made aware of my complaint they were generous in fixing it but it'll still nevah bring that Christmas dinner memory back to me in a way I want to recall it.

@JZCubed I'm too old to enjoy a Casey's experience but bet the man would agree with you as I dragged him to his gastroenterologist's appt:D. This is not to say I haven't fond memories of my first ever date with a guy at White Castle's in the Bronx :lmao:.

At a different price point we ate a great meal at Wine Bar George that hit all the check points for a dinner for two even though more guests could readily be accommodating for a different time.

I bet Jaleo could fill the bill as well as Flying Fish. I'm still peeved at a bad service experience at bluezoo to return there anytime soon. I will say that when management was made aware of my complaint they were generous in fixing it but it'll still nevah bring that Christmas dinner memory back to me in a way I want to recall it.

@JZCubed I'm too old to enjoy a Casey's experience but bet the man would agree with you as I dragged him to his gastroenterologist's appt:D. This is not to say I haven't fond memories of my first ever date with a guy at White Castle's in the Bronx :lmao:.
The White Castle right off the highway (near the Fortunoff warehouse?)? I've been to that one. I also lived on Queens Blvd. and regularly ate at the two that still remain along that road.
Memories.:charac2:

Funny though, my wife always wants to picnic...because it's romantic. In my opinion, nothing says Disney-romance like viewing the Castle, listening to the piano, and eating ice cream out of Mickey's pants hand-delivered from Plaza Ice Cream......or V&A.....

Been to Jaleo in Virginia. Saw Jose Anders at Cirque de Soleil in Disney Springs a few years ago. Visiting the new spot in August.

The White Castle right off the highway (near the Fortunoff warehouse?)? I've been to that one. I also lived on Queens Blvd. and regularly ate at the two that still remain along that road.
Memories.:charac2:

Funny though, my wife always wants to picnic...because it's romantic. In my opinion, nothing says Disney-romance like viewing the Castle, listening to the piano, and eating ice cream out of Mickey's pants hand-delivered from Plaza Ice Cream......or V&A.....

Been to Jaleo in Virginia. Saw Jose Anders at Cirque de Soleil in Disney Springs a few years ago. Visiting the new spot in August.
The WC that figures large in my growing up is located next door to my junior high school and across Fordham Road (can't recall if the burgers or doughnuts were 8 cents then ) from Fordham University, the Bronx Zoo, and Botanical Gardens. The man grew up in Birchwood Towers, off Queens Blvd, and then Plainview, so I'd guess he's more familiar with the same WCs as you.

Ice cream out of Mickey's pants? Whadda visual :D.

I think you'll enjoy DS' Jaleo too; I'll know better on our second trip:).

The WC that figures large in my growing up is located next door to my junior high school and across Fordham Road (can't recall if the burgers or doughnuts were 8 cents then ) from Fordham University, the Bronx Zoo, and Botanical Gardens. The man grew up in Birchwood Towers, off Queens Blvd, and then Plainview, so I'd guess he's more familiar with the same WCs as you.

Ice cream out of Mickey's pants? Whadda visual :D.

I think you'll enjoy DS' Jaleo too; I'll know better on our second trip:).
Extra points for remembering Birchwood Towers!!

Mickey's Pants with ice cream and two cherries on top....
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...t-walt-disney-world-resort-disneyland-resort/

Victoria and Alberts is #1 without a doubt. Awesome each time we have been there.
We also enjoy:
Jiko
Il Mulino
BlueZoo
Monsieur Paul
Callifornia Grill
Narcoossees
Flying Fish

On the wedding and honeymoon forum there is a thread called How to plan a private anniversary dessert party for two at Epcot. It’s by Lurkyloo. Take a look @ it. It doesn’t have to be exactly what she did but it gives you ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter