• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Romantic Epcot dining

WaltDavisWorld

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Planning a last minute (two weeks in advance) trip for my birthday for just me and my husband since we’re new AP’s. Have a family trip planned for December but decided to make a trip for us to enjoy the food and wine festival. We attended last year and enjoyed it but would like to have a dinner reservation for later in the evening. We have never had an “adult only” meal at Epcot so would love recommendations for a nice meal for two! Thanks!

Go to Spice Road Table around time of Illuminations (maybe 8 for a 9 Illuminations), great food and great views! The two of us loved it.

Planning a last minute (two weeks in advance) trip for my birthday for just me and my husband since we’re new AP’s. Have a family trip planned for December but decided to make a trip for us to enjoy the food and wine festival. We attended last year and enjoyed it but would like to have a dinner reservation for later in the evening. We have never had an “adult only” meal at Epcot so would love recommendations for a nice meal for two! Thanks!
I think the most romantic restaurant in Epcot is Monsieur Paul in France. It is on the second floor above the noise and bustle. The food is Fantastic. It is Signature and a bit pricey. There will be few children there (when they first opened they didn’t have a children’s menus - they do now). But it is definitely the only place in Epcot that I would call romantic.

I'm not sure any place in a park is going to give you a romantic meal--there are simply too many people. While some have had success with MP, we found it crowded, the service mediocre, and the food ill-prepared. Most of all, there were many park going families dining that night (our reservation was at 7), so naturally, it wasn't quiet or romantic at all. I might suggest something at the Swan or Dolphin--they're near Epcot so you can easily walk to them.

If Monsieur Paul is out of budget, I highly recommend Chefs de France. We go for our date night dinner every trip! We always get sat near the glass windows and can see the gardens and people watch all the people walking by. The food is fantastic as well!

Romance is what you make of it, no? A night just grazing around F&W can be just as romantic as dinner at V&A's, IMO. If you dress a little nicer, slow the pace down and occasionally hold each others hand, it makes for a much different experience than grazing during the day, again, IMO. If you are open to leaving EC for dinner, that will open up the options of bluezoo and Shula's at the Dolphin (which tend to be much quieter than the other restaurants in the area, also they tend to be much better meals in general). Flying Fish at the Boardwalk and YS at YC are also notable restaurants for a date night dinner.

You might even try Tutto Gusto which is the wine cellar in Italy. Not Tutto Italia Restaurante. It's dark and small and kind of nice.

You might even try Tutto Gusto which is the wine cellar in Italy. Not Tutto Italia Restaurante. It's dark and small and kind of nice.
My first thought was this gem; however, I didn't mention it since you can't make an ADR there. Still, if you can snag a seat on one of their low couches in a corner, it can indeed be a lovely, romantic spot. Good food and wine, too.

We have eaten at Monsieur Paul twice. Had great food and service. It was not noisy and the tables were not crowded together.
Other choices, Il Mulino at the Swan, Flying Fish at Boardwalk, Chef du France.
Our favorite overall is Jiko at AKL.

If you want to stay in EP, I agree with the Spice Road Table recommendation. Both the indoor and outdoor seating are lovely. If you can get a reservation about 60 - 90 minutes prior to Illuminations, you may have a good view. If you don't mind walking outside of EP and walking to the Boardwalk, I highly recommend Flying Fish. The food and service is outstanding and the atmosphere is lovely. If you made a reservation for 6/6:30 pm, you could be back in EP in time for Illuminations.

Spice Road gets my vote too. We just dined there a few weeks ago and booked an 805p ressie - if Illuminations hadn't been cancelled it would have been wonderful for viewing. The restaurant is small on the inside which we liked ( it had a small intimate feel ). The food was delicious and the service was wonderful!

If you are ok leaving the park, walk to flying fish,yachtsman steak, or one if the swan/dolphin restaurants. We loved BluZoo.
Except for Monsiur Paul,you will be with the noisy hordes. I have had horrible experiences with chefs de France, cellier, Morocco, rose & crown. Disney packs them in tight and children are hungry, loud and tired. Only solution would be to pick a late time for adr.

Agree with other posters that your best bet for a romantic meal would be to head out the International Gateway and boat over to the Boardwalk area. Schula's, BluZoo, Il Mulino, among others. Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC another good choice in that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter