Romantic Trip ideas?

CarlaLovesDisney

aspiring expert in gibberish
In May I will be going to Disney World with my boyfriend for his birthday. I'm really, really excited but I want this trip to be super romantic. So far I've booked a stay at PO Riverside and an ADR at Restaurant Marrakesh. I'm staying for 4 nights, with three days at the Disney parks and 1 day at Islands of Adventure. What else can I add to up the romance? :love2:

The night time shows are romantic. Fireworks at the magic kingdom and illuminations at epcot. The whole park gets dark so a great excuse to hold someone close for an hour

Look into the dessert fireworks viewing areas at both MK and EPCOT.
Be sure to plan some time away from the parks, as you can over do the parks and make him NOT want to come back.

Disney Florist and Gifts has nice baskets you can have sent to your room. I ordered one for our anniversary trip in Aug.

I was trying to do things such as boat riding and carriage riding, but I wasn't sure if those were worth it. Has anyone tried those things?

I also wondered if there are any romantic spots to watch the fireworks from. The last time the boyfriend and I watched Wishes, we were standing at the partners statue and had to deal with listening to four different people making out around us. :tongue:

I've done the Horse and Carriage ride with my husband for our first wedding anniversary in November. It was truly amazing. Definitely worth the money! Nice trip through Riverside and French Quarter hotels. Very romantic at night.

Husband and I also did the Keys to the Kingdom tour through Magic Kingdom for Valentine's Day. Definitely amazing as well. Don't get too excited for the tour through the utilidor, it is definitely cool to be able to say you were below the Magic Kingdom, but don't expect to see anything too unique. The tour itself was amazing, our tour guide was informative, engaging, and humorous.

We have also done the Fireworks dessert party at Magic Kingdom. If you are not a huge dessert fan this will be just okay for you. My husband doesn't care for sweets, while I do, so I loved every second. We had a table in the first row on the far right. It was great, however you still want to stand at the railing to be able to have a nice view.

I truly think the experiences are great, and of course some people might say different, but heck I'm a sucker for anything Disney, and look at the positive in everything.

My next experience will definitely be Dining with an Imagineer. Just cool to be able to check one more thing off the Disney list.

If you can afford it Cali Grill has a rooftop viewing area for wishes that you can go out on if you are dining there. They will even give you a rain check if you have an early ADr and want to come back that same night. When we went the food was excellent as well but we havent been since the refurb.

I've not found the time for it but watching Wishes from the Poly beach sounds romantic for no cost. If interested in spending the $ the specialized boat cruises to watch Wishes sounds nice.

we did the specialty cruise a couple of years ago and it was amazing. Mind you we had the kids with us but we loved it and i think that you would as well. It was really neat. Because it was my DS birthday we ordered a cake and had that on board for us to celebrate. You have the option to add catering of any kind if you wish. The cake was more then enough for us and the cruise included snacks and sodas. We left from the Contemporary hotel, and went around the old Discovery island which was so neat to see for us. Our guild gave us all sorts of very cool info. We were then able to see what was left of the old water park near the camp ground. We watched the electrical parade pass by and then picked our spot to watch the fireworks over the castle. It truly was amazing. They pipe the music onto the boat so that you can hear it. I would do it again in a heart beat, it was around $300 i believe. I have also done some in room celebrations. These i did more for the impact and the awww factor when the recipient walked into the room to their surprise. However they are very expensive and i think i paid more for the reaction and special feeling the person got than for the actual gifts some of them were not worth the amount of money paid for the actual products. But everyone that did get a room celebration LOVES it!! I hope that helps!

Thanks for the help everyone! I have a lot to think about. Doing a cruise or watching Wishes from the Poly sounds really nice. I figured the celebrations would be an arm and a leg, but I'll look into them more.

Has anyone been to the CG since the refurb? Is it better? I was actually thinking of watching Wishes from there on our Universal day.

Thanks for the help everyone! I have a lot to think about. Doing a cruise or watching Wishes from the Poly sounds really nice. I figured the celebrations would be an arm and a leg, but I'll look into them more.

Has anyone been to the CG since the refurb? Is it better? I was actually thinking of watching Wishes from there on our Universal day.

I was there on Valentine's Day, and it was amazing! I have never been to the CG before the renovations, so I cannot really compare. The food was amazing, it is definitely my new favorite restaurant! We had the BBQ Pork and Apple Flatbread which was amazing, and sushi. The views were spectacular as well. I would definitely recommend it. I preferred getting there at 5:00, as we were able to get a window seat without any problem, or having to wait long. We also were able to go on the observation decks before and after our meal to take pictures.

In May I will be going to Disney World with my boyfriend for his birthday. I'm really, really excited but I want this trip to be super romantic. So far I've booked a stay at PO Riverside and an ADR at Restaurant Marrakesh. I'm staying for 4 nights, with three days at the Disney parks and 1 day at Islands of Adventure. What else can I add to up the romance? :love2:

My boyfriend once told me that he wanted to go to Disney world when we were younger, and I planned to take him there and propose.

I can't wait for this, to see his face.
It's going to be a surprise, I'm just going to be like "Yep, pack your things, we're going to Disney world"

You can purchase a celebration package for inside the castle while dining at Cinderella royal table. Snow White came out and a man proposed to his lady and out popped someone with champagne and a photographer! My husband joked that he just showed up every married man in the house! :) I did the specialty cruise
Sat anniversary it was pretty romantic! Totally worth the $$ it was a cruise and a tour, we learned a lot about disney. Carriage rides at POR and the ft are sweet too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter