• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ronald Reagan Airport 1 hour layover

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Have a one hour layover here on the way home from Orlando to Burlington, VT. What do I need to know with this short layover time? Thank you.

Hello. My home airport is DCA (will be going out of it on Friday for my WDW trip). Since you're flying American you'll be arriving in, and departing out of gates either E,D, or C. Since you said you will have no slow walkers this will be a simple task as the gate areas are not far away. Just be sure to check the departure boards for your departing flight. You will have time to use the restroom and take a seat to relax.

Here's the terminal map for you. I think it should be about a 15 minute walk max between any two American gates (say E to C).
Reagan-National-Airport-Terminal-Map-732x468.png

You should be fine. The only risk is if your first flight is delayed by the whole hour or more, in which case I would check if there is a good alternative flight leaving later the same day.

I connected there in late 2019, there was construction going on. Do you still need to take a bus for regional jets?

Easy connection, DCA is one of my favorite airports and now that all gates are post-security it's even easier and more spaced out, the only curveball would be any unforeseen delays with your flight to DCA, for peace of mind would recommend selecting a seat closer to the front of the aircraft even if there is an extra cost, this guarantees that you will be one of the first few to exit the plane after First Class. As mentioned by pp, if your flight arrives on time, you should have enough time to use the restroom and perhaps even buy a quick to-go snack or beverage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter