Room charge limit?

zipDdoodah

My other car is a monorail
We are headed to SSR for the first time next week, and I am wondering how much they let you put on your room charge. I know when we stay at WL it is $1,500, but I've heard it's less at moderates and values, although I'm not sure about DVC resorts. Anyone know the magic number for DVC resorts? I'm trying to plan, and the easiest way to pay for things is on the room charge so you don't have to bring lots of cash or other credit cards to the parks. Thanks!

When we were AKL in April our room charge was 3000$ I can't remember what it was the times before when we went.

Thank you so much for the quick answers!! So tell me, will we love it there? I'm so excited!!!! We toured it last year, and it seemed really great. Can't wait to use that pool!

ZIPDdOODAH, I have to ask you about the picture in your signature! Is that a cake you had made in WDW?

No, this was my DD's 3rd birthday "princess tea party." We had it made at a local bakery. I wish I knew of a way to get a cake like that made at WDW though. If somebody knows, please share. I would love to get a "themed" cake for my DS birthday on our trip next week.

I wsa wondering the same thing. I make cakes but don't think I could bring it on the plane all that way. I would love to have a nice cake made or my DD 5th birthday.

The Grand Floridian Bakery makes cakes like that but you must call ahead and I think they're pretty pricey. You might want to check out the GF thread here on the Dis. Someone else may know the numbers to call.

Back to the original question, the limit is $1500, but when you reach that, they actually charge your creidt card (instead of waiting till you check out), then give you another $1500 limit.
:teacher: ;)

Disneyaholic said:
Back to the original question, the limit is $1500, but when you reach that, they actually charge your creidt card (instead of waiting till you check out), then give you another $1500 limit.
:teacher: ;)

Not exactly. We went over the limit and was not advised about it. When I tried to charge it wouldn't go thru.And I have a card with no limit in good standing. I didn't have to go to the desk just had to give the ok to continue charging. They then processed the charges with the credit card company.

Our DVC stays have been $1500 too. A few trips ago we hit it once while in the WoD store DD. :eek: The CM ringing us up called the front desk at OKW and gave us the phone. The CM at OKW explained we hit the $1500 mark and asked if we wanted them to put it on the credit card and we OK'd it. Then the charging to the room resumed. :earsboy:

*Live from OKW!!!!! :earboy2:

My understanding is that the $1,500 is what they put through as an authorization on your credit card to see if you can cover the expense. If your room charges look like they'll exceed that amount they put through another authorization for an additional amount. The mouse will be VERY happy for you to spend as much money as you want as long as you can cover it.

DVC is a little different - ask at the front desk. Sometimes they do a daily charge for less than $1,500 - they definitely did mind - they charged me every day for about 3 days - did not know this until I got the bill.

Everytime DVC charges back to the CC they get a fee. So it doesn't make sense for them to do more than neccessary and I certainly did not understand why.

on the cakes - both VWL and BWV have a chef - call the front desk and ask to speak to the chef in charge of cakes. VWL/WL posted the phone number on their brochure you receive when you check in.

or you can call this number
disney speciality dinning (cakes
1-407-824-7091

this is not cheap!!!! very expensive!!!

I think they block the charge and I've been told they do $500 at the value, $1000 at the Moderates and $1500 at the rest. I haven't actually checked it out to see though. And I'm sure they could actually charge you then put a new block on the credit card for a new total amount.

You can spend as much as you like. Guest Services will charge your credit card for each $1500 you spend. So, you can have a $9,000 room charge, but your credit card will read 6, $1500 charges.

I hope that helps.

Well I did it today. Hit the $1500 limit and had to give the OKW front desk the OK to charge it to the credit card. Then the spending resumed. Going home tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter