Room only reservation with a discount, can it later be changed to a package?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
If you have a room only discount, can you later change it it a package and keep the room only discount?

Are you thinking about adding dining plan or tickets?

In the past adding the dining plan at a later date could disrupt the discount. Room discounts usually have a book by date, and changes made after could remove that offer. We also ran into this problem trying to add an extra day.

I’m pretty sure adding tickets will not affect anything - but it is easy enough just to buy them separate and add to MDE, and decent savings to be had via this method as well. Boardwalkticketing and attractiontickets are our favorites.

Are you thinking about adding dining plan or tickets?

In the past adding the dining plan at a later date could disrupt the discount. Room discounts usually have a book by date, and changes made after could remove that offer. We also ran into this problem trying to add an extra day.

I’m pretty sure adding tickets will not affect anything - but it is easy enough just to buy them separate and add to MDE, and decent savings to be had via this method as well. Boardwalkticketing and attractiontickets are our favorites.
would be adding tickets

You can add tickets that coincide with your room only reservation at any time. It won't affect the room only reservation, and will not be considered a package.

In the before time, I booked a room-only and added tickets at purchase and was able to keep the RO discount and have package terms (I like package terms better). Granted I never took that trip because it was May 2020...

I had an AP discounted room and bought my mom a discounted ticketed from another vendor. In making payments to our stay th CM asked if I wanted to convert to a “package” so I could get the luggage tags. I declined because I wanted the option of cancelling the room if something came up closer to travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter