Room rate increases for 2020? What are you seeing?

I booked a room-only reservation for Caribbean Beach in April for our 9-night stay in February 2020 (week before President's Day). Got my package today, and the room increase went from an AVERAGE of $256 per night to $300 per night.

Overall, for the same package and same number of nights we did in February 2017, I'm seeing a $1,291 increase.

We've done vacation packages last few years (free dining). Will be there again in August. Just checked same dates, for 2020, always with 5 day park hopper (a requirement for free dining, previously) and our stay at POP. Dates August 18th to 30th. $700 increase!!!

Room increases and AP increases. I was so excited for today to see what Fall and early winter discounts there would be, but only the rates were posted, and as many have noted, price increase. Hmmm. Still going, but thinking that our UK package is the way to go.

We've done vacation packages last few years (free dining). Will be there again in August. Just checked same dates, for 2020, always with 5 day park hopper (a requirement for free dining, previously) and our stay at POP. Dates August 18th to 30th. $700 increase!!!

I'm really hoping that there will be free dining again for August/September!

The deluxe prices are insane for the MK resorts! We were planning Contemp/Poly, but just booked a POFQ king room. I couldn't justify the extra $400 a night for better transportation (that was the push for us to MK resorts). Even if I use uber every day, it won't cost $400. lol

The one regret I have with selling my DVC is that I didn't use it at the Poly and now I doubt I will ever get to stay there. If I do it will most certainly be just a one and done night there.

I've been traveling to Disney since 1975. Spent New Year's eve and New Year's day 1975\76. My greatest wish was to take my granddaughters during the holiday season (to experience it). Unfortunately, with the price increases not just with rooms and tickets but the cost of food, today I realize there is no way even remotely possible to do so. Nothing MAGICAL here. (In 1975 a tower room at Contemporary was $100 a night\I made $55 a week).

I booked a room-only reservation for Caribbean Beach in April for our 9-night stay in February 2020 (week before President's Day). Got my package today, and the room increase went from an AVERAGE of $256 per night to $300 per night.

Overall, for the same package and same number of nights we did in February 2017, I'm seeing a $1,291 increase.

Caribbean is going to be the epicenter to the gondola system so you are paying a premium for that.

Well, I'm dealing with POP, which is a world away in price from YC (the resort mentioned in the OP), but looking at the last week of August, 2019 and the exact same week in 2020, it would cost us $162.00 more for a 6 night room only reservation in 2020. It will cost about $205 more for a 6 night POP stay, plus 6 park hopper plus tickets in 2020. So really, I was pretty relieved with that difference, especially since there is still at least some chance of finding a discount to apply to the 2020 trip before it occurs. :)

Just booked ASMo for May 17 - 23, 2020 on the WDW website. about 2400.00 for 6 days for 2 people with park hopper, preferred room.

I join you in the hatred. It's kind of a double edged sword. There are a lot of Star Wars fans that don't care a bit about Disney so they will be coming just to go to SWGE. So that is a bunch of new people being added to the mix.

But then there's people like me--never seen a Star Wars film in my life, don't care one bit, husband who is lukewarm on it and two daughters who don't care about it either, so I just see this SWGE as an annoyance. I was glad they were opening in August 2019 instead of December since my dates are in February....
So I take it you won't be there for the AP preview or EEMH then?

I'm thinking Epcot Resorts and Gondola Resorts are the ones seeing the biggest increases.

The gondola resorts for sure. They didn't rehab and remodel Caribbean Beach to discount it further for us. The Epcot and MK resorts are already outrageously overpriced, so at this point it's just a running joke IMHO.

I priced out the resort stay we are interested in for May and this includes 2 rooms and it was over $17,000. This doesn't include tickets or dining. Will have to plan something different with the resorts if there aren't any discounts.
These numbers do not even make sense. And $200 per night for Pop??? Are they kidding?

The gondola resorts for sure. They didn't rehab and remodel Caribbean Beach to discount it further for us. The Epcot and MK resorts are already outrageously overpriced, so at this point it's just a running joke IMHO.
I just don't think Caribbean Beach is going to work out for them the way they hope it will. Keep jacking up the prices there and people will revolt. It just does not have the draw that the Port Orleans resorts have. I suspect it is at the bottom of the list of a whole lot of guest choice for a moderate resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter