Room Request on Rented Points

pharmama

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone-
Getting excited about our upcoming trip. I've been researching what we want to put in for a room request for our Garden/Island view villas but have a question. What is the best way to put in a room request for both location and to request for rooms near each other on rented points (points rented through Davids)?
TIA!

Hi Everyone-
Getting excited about our upcoming trip. I've been researching what we want to put in for a room request for our Garden/Island view villas but have a question. What is the best way to put in a room request for both location and to request for rooms near each other on rented points (points rented through Davids)?
TIA!

If you are renting via David's, I would give them your requests. It would be very helpful to the member (who will have to call Member Svcs. to add your requests) if you can have all such requests done at once. Be sure to prioritize your requests. IOW, which is MOST important to you if you only get 1 of your requests. And of course, sounds like you know this, but requests are just that.....requests. No guarantees, but the earlier you get your requests on the rez, the greater the odds.

Good luck with all! Aulani is AMAZING! Happy planning!

Thank you! So I can't put in the requests myself in any way? I hate to bother the owner.

So excited about the trip!

Same here. I have the same question. I want to request a high floor but not sure if I want to bother the owners. When are rooms assigned? If the same thing can be accomplished when I request upon check in, there's really no need to reach out to David's to relay the request. Thanks in advance.

DVC members know that all requests must be made by them with member services. It’s part of the nember’s obligations to make those requests for any renter. Like dealing with adding on a dining plan at WDW. As long as you don’t change your request daily, there is no reason to not want to bother them. They earn money from renting to you. I have rented in the past and I always saw room requests as a given thing that needed to be done at some point.

This is great to know as I had the same question and thought I was somehow supposed to contact member services. So if I rented through a broker, I should make the request to the broker and they will relay the request to the owner?

This is great to know as I had the same question and thought I was somehow supposed to contact member services. So if I rented through a broker, I should make the request to the broker and they will relay the request to the owner?

Yes, that’s how it should work.

Yes, and yes. As mentioned in my post#2, it is the MEMBER that must make any adjustments, requests or add-ons to a rez. So if you rent via a broker, just let them know what you would like to request.

As I also mentioned in #2, it is important your requests get into the system as early as possible as the resorts try to go by seniority when attempting to fill requests. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter