Room request & Online check in (is it a do or a don't)

sanibellife

Mouseketeer
So I am about 29 days out from my stay. We are staying at the Poly club level, we have 2 GV rooms. I have a few questions:

1. Which GV rooms do you like and why? We prefer 3rd floor or 1st. Would love connecting rooms but they don't have to be. Prefer away from the lounge and quieter rooms. Which specific room #'s should I request?

2. Do I email my request in or call DSS? Or should do I do both?

3. Should I do the online check in or does that pretty much eliminate me from getting my requests? If it helps we will not be getting to Poly until around 10:00 p.m.

Please let me know if there is anything else I should do for the room requests and I would love to hear good/bad on certain CL rooms! It has been quite a while since we have been to Disney and we have never stayed CL at Poly so I need some help :worship:

Thank you!

I have not stayed there but I did just stay CL at Contemporary.
My room was very specific already with having booked a TPV and only having the one floor to choose from but I will say this...
Yes do online check in. If the requests you're looking for are not options then just don't fill out the room request part.
Yes call DSS. They will put a note on your reservation.
Be sure to request positive things like "quiet room" instead of "not a loud room".
Remember they will do their best but nothing is guaranteed.

2. Do I email my request in or call DSS? Or should do I do both?

3. Should I do the online check in or does that pretty much eliminate me from getting my requests? If it helps we will not be getting to Poly until around 10:00 p.m.

Just call DSS at 407-939-7777 and / or via email at disney.signature.services@disneyworld.com
They are here seven days a week from 9 to 5 Eastern Time. No need to add options on your Online Check-in, just leave those options blank to reduce any confusion.

For a late arrival, I would suggest that you ask for some drinks to be left in your in-room fridge & maybe a plate of cookies & snacks since the lounge closes at 10 PM and you might be delayed.

Dave

Dave, that's a great idea about the drinks and snacks. Didn't know we could do that! I am sure everyone could use a little something by the time we get to the Poly!

I will give DSS a call tomorrow with those requests.

Any specific room numbers people have liked?

We DO NOT recommend requesting specific rooms. The chance of it being available is slim and none. It is best to request general things such as “quiet room” or “ higher floor” etc.

I tried to make a room request today through MDE. There isn't anything on the pull down menu. I'm using Chrome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter