• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room requests... early or later flight better?

Grace1987

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone,

So we have booked our honeymoon for 24th September 21 nights at CS. We have booked a king room. As it's our honeymoon we would like a quite area and live the theming of Casitas and Cabanas. Our dream would be a top floor water facing room. Is it best to do in one check in and just request quiet and upper floor or should we wait and do it at the resort and see what they can did it us? Are we more likely to be successful if we book a flight that gets in earlier or later?

Hey everyone,

So we have booked our honeymoon for 24th September 21 nights at CS. We have booked a king room. As it's our honeymoon we would like a quite area and live the theming of Casitas and Cabanas. Our dream would be a top floor water facing room. Is it best to do in one check in and just request quiet and upper floor or should we wait and do it at the resort and see what they can did it us? Are we more likely to be successful if we book a flight that gets in earlier or later?
Request your room preferences during online check-in. Then when you arrive at the resort, stop the the front desk for check-in (even if you get a straight-to-room text), and to get a resort room map, and check the location of your room. If it's not where you want to be, politely ask if they can move you. They will if they can.

Generally, the earlier in the day you ask for a move, the more likely they'll be able to accommodate you, as fewer people have yet checked in. I wouldn't base my flight times on that, though. I've had rooms swapped out in the afternoon. If you really want a room change & what you want is unavailable the first night, they can even try to get it for you for the second day onward if you're willing to move. Just keep asking politely and in my experience, they'll do what they can for you.

I would phone and have your requests noted on your reservation along with noting you are celebrating your Honeymoon.
I'd go with early flight, but I always want to arrive as early as possible.

I would call your requests in and have them noted in order of priority - top floor, water facing (did you book a water view room?), Casitas or Cabanas. I would make the request prior to arriving as your room will be assigned a few days before check-in. I would make requests via online check in IF they coincide with what you have already called in and noted on the reservation. If you make conflicting requests, the room assigner won't know what you want. If you discover, at check-in, that the room isn't to your liking, simply ask if another room is available. If it isn't currently available, they will do their best to move you to another room on another day (if you are willing to move). When you fly in doesn't really have any bearing on what room you will be assigned. If that room is available for 3 weeks, they will give it to you. If other families or couples have checked in days before you and are already occupying those rooms, there is really nothing Disney can do.

Definitely call and add your room requests (and also have them note you're celebrating your honeymoon if it's not already noted). Don't rely on the online check-in room request options...which often can be totally irrelevant to your given resort or booking category (Disney's IT has really done a botch-job on this feature at the moment).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter