Room Requests ???

FanofDis

Mouseketeer
I had a hard time convincing my DH to join DVC but he finally agreed and we joined in Oct. of last year.
We will be going to BWV (our first trip as DVC members) the last week of August. I want to prove to him how great DVC is (and will be in the years to come).
When booking (1 Bdr) we made certain room requests
that were noted on the ressie.
Do you call MS or the room controller again a few days before the trip to make the requests again (I know that nothing is guaranteed, but we would like to improve our chances) ?

I would like to know if anyone has an answer to your question. We just returned from our first DVC stay and had requested non-smoking, but were given a smoking room. When I inquired about it, I was told nothing was guaranteed. Anyone know how we can GUARANTEE a non smoking room next time?

While some people have reported past success with faxing room controllers, the DVC policy is to grant requests in the order in which they were received.

Even then, there may be times when a request cannot be honored. I would certainly advise members to make requests at the time the reservation is made to provide the best opportunity for success.

Good Luck!

You can email them a week ahead and mention your request again. This might help.

OK, first come first served...that makes sense. Since I only booked BWV 3 months ahead now I can understand why I didn't get a non-smoking room. But for Feb., I booked VWL 11 months out - I hope this time they honor that request! Thanks.

The other key is to list your request in order of priority. For instance, on my last vacation at OKW, I wanted a non-smoking, golf course view. So, I made sure that they put the requests in that order. That way, they'll make sure that if I can only get one of the two requests, that I get the one that is most important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter