Room safes at Santa Fe?

No - afraid not, though you can probably leave stuff at the front desk if you want to.

Thanks Dilberry can you hire a deposit box at reception? I dont fancy carrying passports etc around with me. :flower:

I'm afraid I don't know that - we just left stuff in our rooms and they were quite safe but it's a risk, I agree.

I don't know definitively about Santa Fe, but at Sequoia you can get a safe deposit box near the reception for no charge. You receive a key and can access the box any time 24 hours. I would assume they have a similar arrangement at the other hotels. (Disneyland Hotel has in-room safes - don't know if any others do) I'm not sure I'd feel good about leaving certain things in the room...

jodyb said:
I don't know definitively about Santa Fe, but at Sequoia you can get a safe deposit box near the reception for no charge. You receive a key and can access the box any time 24 hours. I would assume they have a similar arrangement at the other hotels. (Disneyland Hotel has in-room safes - don't know if any others do) I'm not sure I'd feel good about leaving certain things in the room...

I know what you mean! Only this weekend one of our papers - the Daily Mail - reported of a family that had been staying at the Disneyland Hotel, left the kids' spending money in the safe in the room, the room was broken into and the money stolen while they were out. Disney refused to refund them the money because they stated that they couldn't verify how much had been stolen. They also said [apparently] that money should not be left in the room safe but should be left in the reception safe.

Its a bit daft having a safe in your room that you cannot use because it isn't 'safe' don't you think? :rolleyes1

jodyb said:

In Santa Fe they have the exact same thing at the conciergerie/information desk. Never leave important stuff in the room!

I carted everything valuable around with me in a neck purse. I was too nervous to leave my passport and everything behind - it would be just my luck to be the one unfortunate soul who gets the room broken into. Mind you, I would be the same anywhere with valuable items. It's hardly worth the upset is it. Still, if you can get secure lockboxes, I might give that a try next time, at least with my passport. I hated having to carry that with me everywhere.

Nik i agree with you, I do not like the idea of carrying passports around that is why I was hoping for a security box. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter