Room service menu question

Yep, I found it again. The poster said: "In regard to the room service food late night in my experience if you call and ask for anything they’ll make it for you. We would get cheesesteak subs at like midnight no problem." So I just wondered if that was generally true or if this was an unusual instance.
I think what they are calling a cheesesteak sub is the New York Steak Panini

As others have mentioned the menu is pretty limited with a few exceptions of mickey bars and such (basically easy prewrapped grab and go type special items). Other than that the menu is what it is.

Personally, I found I wasn't in the room often enough to really bother that much with room service. Aside from ordering breakfast so I could eat fruit on my verandah we rarely used it because we were rarely in our room!

I think what they are calling a cheesesteak sub is the New York Steak Panini

Or at least used the same things. It's definitely a stretch to say they will make ANYTHING as they simply do not have every possible food item on board.

Other than Mickey bars ONCE I have never even remotely felt the need to order room service (I get it's different if you're quarantined to your cabin for whatever reason) - I'm not in the room that long and there is plenty of food all over the ship during the day and at dinner - so I really haven't paid that much attention to it. But "anything" would definitely be limited to food they have available to make.

We didn't do it often, either, especially when after one breakfast and one small appetizer-ish order we realized that nothing was going to get to us hot. But there were a couple of instances that it came in handy. One night we had a late Palo and we wanted a little something but didn't want to go to an MDR and just wanted to bum around in the room. I personally found Cabanas anxiety-inducing so I tried to go there as little as possible during our cruise. My wife graciously braved it for breakfast most mornings. I'm going to give it another shot next year.

We always seem to order at busy times. For some reason when we get back onboard after Castaway Cay we always want an All Hands On Deck, fruit, and cookies. It seems like everyone does because it takes an hour or so always. I imagine if we ordered during off times, it would be quicker.

Contextually I think it was cheesesteak because the poster I saw mentioned it in the plural, and I would be surprised if they ordered multiple cheesecakes. :D But either way... I keep hearing they don't do the cake of the day anymore, anyway. :/
Really? No cake of the day? That's very sad but whenever I've ordered it its been a NY Cheesecake :D
Yep, I found it again. The poster said: "In regard to the room service food late night in my experience if you call and ask for anything they’ll make it for you. We would get cheesesteak subs at like midnight no problem." So I just wondered if that was generally true or if this was an unusual instance.
Hmm OK well not sure whether this was just luck or maybe someone in concierge possibly? I know on the previous menu there was more options but never seen a cheesesteak. I honestly have never tried to ask for anything left field like this which is why I say they will only deliver you whats on the menu and a few other select items. I def wouldn't guarantee they can do anything else other than whats advertised

Does anyone have pics of the room service menu on the wish? Any items ordered? We sailed the Dream and my hubs and granddaughter loved the cookies and milk every night

I personally found Cabanas anxiety-inducing so I tried to go there as little as possible during our cruise. My wife graciously braved it for breakfast most mornings. I'm going to give it another shot next year.
First time cruiser, and I feel that way about all buffets unfortunately. We may go in and check Cabanas out, but I told my husband, no promises!
Then I read something today about a norovirus outbreak on another cruise line recently. Staff were asking people to wash their hands before entering the buffet, and the poster witnessed several people deliberately ignoring that request. Just, yuck!

Just came back from the repositioning cruise to Vancouver on the Wonder. My bff and I are first time cruisers and we managed to do everything food -wise. We ordered room service for morning wake up coffee with muffins and fresh fruit and bagels for another morning. Cabanas was crazy and that experience was not our jam. We loved being on our veranda. We had a morning excursion on port day and came back to order room service lunch, it was good but not great. I enjoyed the buffalo wings and she had a cheeseburger and fries.

Then I read something today about a norovirus outbreak on another cruise line recently. Staff were asking people to wash their hands before entering the buffet, and the poster witnessed several people deliberately ignoring that request. Just, yuck!
I was recently on the Wish, and this really bugged me. I remember on the other ships (at least Fantasy and Dream, which were the ones I had been on most recently before the Wish), when you walked into Cabanas they had a cast member directing you to the sinks to wash your hands. Yes, you could still get around washing your hands, but it was kind of hard to do because of where the CM was standing.

On the Wish, they put these beautiful sinks in on one side of the hallway into Marceline Market. And while there sometimes was a CM there, I never heard any of them tell/remind/ask people to wash their hands before entering the buffet. No signage either asking/reminding people to do it. And in my observation, most people walked right past the sinks.

Especially after COVID, and with there being norovirus outbreaks on some ships, it was doubly disappointing to see 1)DCL had apparently gone backwards in their 'request/enforcement' of handwashing before the buffet and 2)guests not taking a little individual responsibility for good hygiene before the buffet. :sad2:

I was recently on the Wish, and this really bugged me. I remember on the other ships (at least Fantasy and Dream, which were the ones I had been on most recently before the Wish), when you walked into Cabanas they had a cast member directing you to the sinks to wash your hands. Yes, you could still get around washing your hands, but it was kind of hard to do because of where the CM was standing.

On the Wish, they put these beautiful sinks in on one side of the hallway into Marceline Market. And while there sometimes was a CM there, I never heard any of them tell/remind/ask people to wash their hands before entering the buffet. No signage either asking/reminding people to do it. And in my observation, most people walked right past the sinks.

Especially after COVID, and with there being norovirus outbreaks on some ships, it was doubly disappointing to see 1)DCL had apparently gone backwards in their 'request/enforcement' of handwashing before the buffet and 2)guests not taking a little individual responsibility for good hygiene before the buffet. :sad2:
Isn't MM food mostly served at stations instead of a buffet? Maybe they figure that the sinks are less important if people aren't self-serving their food.

Isn't MM food mostly served at stations instead of a buffet? Maybe they figure that the sinks are less important if people aren't self-serving their food.
Good point. I hadn't thought about it, but yes, I think most of the food was served. Still plenty of opportunities for germs to spread through, since silverware, plates, and cups could be grabbed by people. And there were things like salad dressings and syrups that would be touched by lots of people.

So you're right, less opportunity for germ spreading since most of the food isn't self-serve, but there are still plenty of shared contact points (and all it takes is one, lol).

Good point. I hadn't thought about it, but yes, I think most of the food was served. Still plenty of opportunities for germs to spread through, since silverware, plates, and cups could be grabbed by people. And there were things like salad dressings and syrups that would be touched by lots of people.

So you're right, less opportunity for germ spreading since most of the food isn't self-serve, but there are still plenty of shared contact points (and all it takes is one, lol).
Yeah, the CMs should probably enforce hand washing, anyway. I was just trying to think about why they might not be.

And I can say from extensive testing that the room service buffalo wings are legit good. They almost always arrive quite warm with veggies and dip. My family also goes for the chicken Caesar salad and occasionally the cheeseburger.

We didn't do it often, either, especially when after one breakfast and one small appetizer-ish order we realized that nothing was going to get to us hot. But there were a couple of instances that it came in handy. One night we had a late Palo and we wanted a little something but didn't want to go to an MDR and just wanted to bum around in the room. I personally found Cabanas anxiety-inducing so I tried to go there as little as possible during our cruise. My wife graciously braved it for breakfast most mornings. I'm going to give it another shot next year.
You should check out the main dining room that's open for breakfast. I hate the craziness of Cabanas/Marceline first thing in the morning. We were on the Wish in March and had a great breakfast at 1923. It was nice and calm and a great way to start the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter