Room set-up for baby

ilovejsparrow

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone- I am heading to WDW staying in a studio at BW villas. In my room it will be me, my mom, my aunt, and my DD (15 months). I am now kicking myself for not spending the extra $ for a 1- bedroom for a separate place for the baby. However, it can't be changed now and I need to make the best of what we have.

Any ideas how I can "block off" the pack-n-play from the rest of the room (I'm thinking of putting it by the sliding door to the balcony)? I am used to having to tip-toe around a shared room but my mom and aunt aren't, and I'd like them to be able to have the TV on and move about the room without worrying about waking my DD.

My current thoughts are- bringing her white noise machine to drown out sound and purchase a stand-up room divider to block out some light. Do you think these will work?

Please help calm me down about this, I'm a nervous wreck thinking that my mom and aunt will have to suffer because of my poor planning. TIA!!

When we brought a baby to Disney, they were so exhausted that they slept like a rock. We would put the baby down for nap/sleep, give it a little time, and then put the TV on low. We used the lamps that were away from the where we put the pack and play.

We didn't stay at BW, but instead at AKL and we tucked the pack-n-play between the slider and bed. Just be sure the baby can't pull the curtains into the pack-n-play by tucking it tight. You can use an app on your phone instead of bringing the white noise machine.

I am a very light sleeper so it is always me who has trouble with other people in the room! Enjoy your trip and don't stress too much about it.

We stayed at WL with our then 18 month old in May. He did stroller naps, but at night, he was out like a light. We rented a crib from Kingdom Strollers because I thought it would be most comfortable for him. We moved the desk to the space next to the closet (in front of the "connecting door" to the next room) and put the crib between the tv and the slider out to the balcony. We didn't watch TV, but we went in and out to the balcony, in and out of the room itself, used the toilet/shower/sink/hairdryer, etc. and our son never woke up. I mean obviously we didn't yell, scream, or make deliberate loud noises right next to him. Like pp, I'm the light sleeper in my family. It really wasn't an issue to have him in the same room. He's been in his own room at home since he was 4.5 months old, so we aren't used to sharing space with each other, but it worked out fine.

We stayed at BW this spring. I *think* the pack in play would tuck into the closet. Or it might be quieter for baby in the front hallway.

I would agree with crazylady and suggest the foyer area/closet. I know with our DDs from day one when we put them down to sleep, we always had a type of light on and music playing in the background in their room and I think this helped out immensely when we stayed in hotels. DW and I did not have to tip toe, be real quiet or have to have a dark room for them.

My kids when they were little fell right to sleep as soon as we returned from the park (10-11pm). We had most lights on and the TV, turned around, turned back and they were passed out.

Just so you know, my kids did take a mid day nap in our room and they still fell asleep. We were at a park before opening.

My kids were also kids who did not easily fall asleep for nap or bed time. I would hold each one til they fell asleep and tip toe into their room and put them in their crib. Each creek delayed the crib time.

But anyways, I kept the crib next to my bed. Plus a few trips they slept in the bed with DH or I.

We found that if we gave our little ones some dark/quiet to drop off to sleep that after a short while it was easy to move around and put on low lights/TV without disturbing them - maybe you could settle the baby to bed whilst your family are out of the room? We've not stayed in a BW studio but we did a couple of nights as a family of five using a pack'n'play in a SS studio and space was very tight!

This spring we took our than 6 month old and 2 year old. Our 2 year old was more difficult when it came to bedtime. Our 6 month old was well she was tired. We stayed at CRB and we would put our 2 year old in the bathroom (since it had doors to shut off from the room) and the baby would sleep on the bed till DH and I were ready for bed. Than we would switch the kids. So depending on the age of the baby I don't think it will be an issue. We had the tv on, we kept the lights low and were walking around the room and all.

We have traveled many times with our toddler son, including when he was a baby and he's a terrible sleeper. Like the others have said, they are usually so tired that sleep at night is not usually an issue. We have stayed at both a 1 bedroom and studio at BW, and the closets in both accommodate a pack-n-play. We also brought a small sound machine with us and would use that outside of the closet to drown out any noise. I think you'll be surprised how much they can sleep through while there. It's that Disney Magic :smickey:

Our last visit we stayed at BW villas and we put the pack n play in the master closet ( it had a sliding door). Though I see you are staying in a studio. I'm not sure if there is a closet big enough in those, but its definitely an idea! We also brought a white noise machine and placed it right outside the door to the closet. It worked out great!

Hi everyone- I am heading to WDW staying in a studio at BW villas. In my room it will be me, my mom, my aunt, and my DD (15 months). I am now kicking myself for not spending the extra $ for a 1- bedroom for a separate place for the baby. However, it can't be changed now and I need to make the best of what we have.

Any ideas how I can "block off" the pack-n-play from the rest of the room (I'm thinking of putting it by the sliding door to the balcony)? I am used to having to tip-toe around a shared room but my mom and aunt aren't, and I'd like them to be able to have the TV on and move about the room without worrying about waking my DD.

My current thoughts are- bringing her white noise machine to drown out sound and purchase a stand-up room divider to block out some light. Do you think these will work?

Please help calm me down about this, I'm a nervous wreck thinking that my mom and aunt will have to suffer because of my poor planning. TIA!!
This is what the layout of a BWV studio looks like. As you can see, there's not a lot of floor space for the pack 'n play to be set up if you expect to use both the Murphy bed and the sofa bed. If two of you are willing to share the queen bed, and one of you sleeps on the Murphy bed, you might be able to set up the Pack 'n Play in front of the sofa. I don't thing that putting the crib in the bathroom or foyer is a particularly good idea. It blocks access to the bathroom or the exit and you will have to move it out of the way constantly. The closet in a studio isn't big enough to accommodate a Pack 'n Play. I won't lie. It's going to be a very tight fit at night. I don't think that you're going to be able to comfortably watch TV once the baby is put down. The TV is located directly across from the sofa bed and right above the Murphy bed. I recommend relaxing on the balcony with your beverage of choice and having a quiet conversation while your daughter drifts off to sleep in the room.
upload_2017-8-10_22-29-36.jpeg

Thank you all so much for the responses. Your advice is putting this nervous momma at ease. Im hoping for a little Disney bedtime magic!

I think it depends on the layout you get.
Seems some it will fit fine in the foyer, not blocking anything.
It would be darker and quieter for her.
Could also put her by the "connect door" and just put a blanket over the pack n play until you all are ready for lights out.
But I agree they are so pooped, as long as the room is darker I bet she passes out.

From **************

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Floor-Plan-Studio-Disneys-BoardWalk-Villas-from-**************.net_.jpg

From MouseforLess

Deluxe-Studio-Bed.jpg

We've also done the front hallway for a stroller and that worked pretty well, especially after a long day at the parks when everyone seems to sleep a little sounder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter