• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room size AKL deluxe studio

Ruttangel

BCV AKV BWV VGF DVC Owner
Hello all, 2 questions regarding AKL deluxe studios, we are a family of 4 including sons 18&16
1. is the sofa bed larger than the double bed so better for them to spread out?
2. any difference Kidani to Jambo deluxe studio sizes?

Ok 3rd question, if not AKL, any other options, I think both too big for that small extra bed at BCV and Poly Deluxe studios

We stayed in one for 9 days, our kids 21 and 17 shared the sofa bed. They said it was okay. The room was a bit small for the 4 of us, but we had booked and then the decided to tag along.

It's a typical sofa bed, so full size I believe. Jambo value is smaller but the regular deluxe studio should be just about the same.

Old Key West has 2 actual queen beds in the studio. That might be your best bet if you can't upgrade to a 1 bedroom at AKL

We stayed in one for 9 days, our kids 21 and 17 shared the sofa bed. They said it was okay. The room was a bit small for the 4 of us, but we had booked and then the decided to tag along.
I understand you can ask for a mattress topper to make it more comfortabl? Would you say the sofabed is bigger than double?

I understand you can ask for a mattress topper to make it more comfortabl? Would you say the sofabed is bigger than double?
Mattress toppers are not guaranteed and right now I suspect not at all. They provide toppers left behind by other guests and that is now a huge issue with COVID 19.

Hello all, 2 questions regarding AKL deluxe studios, we are a family of 4 including sons 18&16

Ok 3rd question, if not AKL, any other options, I think both too big for that small extra bed at BCV and Poly Deluxe studios
1- Both Kidani & Jambo studios have a queen bed, & a double sleeper sofa
2- Kidani (366sf) is 1sf larger than Jambo (365sf), so no discernable difference
3- the problem is that studios have only the small pull-down, rather than the chair offered in some 1 bdrms. While not necessarily additional sleeping spaces, these options include the second bed as a queen: OKW with 2 regular queen beds (no sofabed), queen pull-down (RIV & renovated SSR), or a queen sofabed (CCV, PVB, VGF).

Some of the largest studios are: PVB (465sf - a full 100sq larger than Jambo), RIV (423sf), CCV ("alternative" studio with a separate bdrm only) at 400+sf, OKW (390sf).

Last edited:
Studio room sizes, other than the real small value studios at Jambo, are about the same size for Jambo and Kidani in the just under 360 sg ft range, decent size but four is still a tight fit. (The 1BRs and 2BRs are much larger at Kidani than Jambo.) The Jambo bathroom is set up with a sink area and a separate room for toilet and tub/shower. Kidani has a sink area with the bath shower next to the sink and the toilet in a seapartae room. Difference is thus that those near the bathroom sink area at Kidani can see those taking bath or shower. Main bed is queen, sofa is pull out full (double). Note AKV studios do not have the third bed that pulls down from a cabinet like some other studios, and thus four is the max occupancy

The ones with a third bed (pull down from cabinet beneath the TV and good for someone about 5'9" or under) are BWV, BRV, VGF, Poly, and Riviera (and Riviera's second bed pulls down from the wall over the sofa).

Note AKV studios do not have the third bed that pulls down from a cabinet like some other studios, and thus four is the max occupancy
The ones with a third bed (pull down from cabinet beneath the TV and good for someone about 5'9" or under) are BWV, BRV, VGF, Poly, and Riviera (and Riviera's second bed pulls down from the wall over the sofa).
Hmm... does AKV have any rooms with 2 twin beds instead of the queen bed?

Some of the largest studios are: PVB (465sf - a full 100sq larger than Jambo), RIV (423sf), CCV ("alternative" studio with a separate bdrm only) at 400+sf, OKW (390sf).
Hmmmm. The charts I see OKW is 455 sf, PVB is 447 sf. The extra space at PVB goes to the second shower room. It’s nice and we enjoyed the second shower when we stayed there. Open up the sleeper couch at PVB and space gets tight. OKW with 2 queen beds still has lots of room to walk around. I know it’s odd shaped, but it is big.

Hmmmm. The charts I see OKW is 455 sf, PVB is 447 sf. The extra space at PVB goes to the second shower room. It’s nice and we enjoyed the second shower when we stayed there. Open up the sleeper couch at PVB and space gets tight. OKW with 2 queen beds still has lots of room to walk around. I know it’s odd shaped, but it is big.
That is from the one i've used for years. I'll try to post the link - if it's not allowed the filter should block it (eta: it worked)

https://easywdwforums.com/threads/dvc-rooms-charts-with-detailed-room-info.20457/multiple sites from a quick google search verified the SF for OKW (390) & PVB (465) - what chart are you looking at?

Last edited:
That is from the one i've used for years. I'll try to post the link - if it's not allowed the filter should block it (eta: it worked)

https://easywdwforums.com/threads/dvc-rooms-charts-with-detailed-room-info.20457/multiple sites from a quick google search verified the SF for OKW (390) & PVB (465) - what chart are you looking at?
https://*******.com/dvc-information/resort-information/dvc-room-inventory/Looks like I looked at HHI not OKW numbers. HHI is 455. Not sure what I was thinking. I know PVB has the largest studios at WDW and HHI are the largest DVC studios. But looking at other sites I have seen OKW down to 365 sf. I haven’t seen PVB at 465.

Last edited:
https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/polynesian-village-resort/. Lists 404 sf Poly hotel rooms.
If PVB rooms were converted hotel rooms how did they gain in size? I think someone said it includes the balcony. Usually square feet for rooms does not include balcony space. I think a better way of doing it would be room size and size of balcony. While balcony size does matter, DVC balconies are not consistent. Some 2 bedrooms have 1, 2 or 3 balconies.

Below was written by Brett Wyman on a Disboads thread. Had a little issue copying it.

Ah yeah missed that part. Check the below image. I just threw it together from images so its not 1:1. Patio/Balcony make it not a perfect match but it gives you a good estimated idea of how much is lost to the second bathroom area.

So if room walls did not change, how big is it?

Last edited:

With four adults, I'd either book a one bedroom at KV or BLT or two studios. Your 18 yr old is old enough to be the adult on the reservation for two studios. Even if you only plan on sleeping in the studio, you are going to have to coordinate bathroom usage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter