Room tax question...

BeccaGrace

Reads Disney Menus When She's Sad
Let me start off by saying that math is NOT my strong suit!!!!

I am trying to figure out whether or not we would be able to swing Poly GV concierge (or possibly GF or WL) if codes came out for our stay. I know the recent round of AP discounts was $100 off deluxe prices, so I am going by that estimate although I realize it may differ for our stay in value season.

I've seen people say on here that the tax rate for the room is 11.5% but on the rate chart for All Ears it mentions the 11.5% plus an additional 6.5% (can't recall what it is for) for a total tax rate of 18%. Which one is correct?

And with the extra $25 for the 3rd adult, is that a flat $25 or does it get lumped in with the taxable items as well?

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated--I think as long as I can keep us under budget that concierge would be a great surprise for dh and my mom...the kids probably won't care either way! It's only when I start going OVER budget that the surprise aspect doesn't work anymore!!!!

Mousesavers has the tax listed at 11.5%. Deb has the 6.5% listed as FL sales tax, but that has never been added to any of my reservations.
I believe it's the 11.5% you will pay on your room rate - when I made a ressie for WL, the rate was $139, with tax it was close to $155, which is 11.5%.

Just an FYI - last year after July 5th; the deluxes were in value season and the AP rates were $85 less than rack rate.

I believe that all the Disney Resorts are 11.5% except the All Stars, they are 13% because they are in a different county. In addition I think the $25 is also taxed for the extra person.

The 6.5% sales tax is included already in the taxes list above.

Yes, the above poster is correct. 11.5 for all but All Stars which are 13%. The 6.5% comes into play with tickets and meal plan etc as that portion is taxed at 6.5%. The $25 per extra adult per night is taxed as well.

In running the numbers, try running $75 off the deluxes. It's a little less than what was offered last year during value season but still falls in line with what the best guestimate will be for deluxe AP rates at that time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter