• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rooms are not available

Familyof14

DIS Veteran
I tried to book my rooms today on the Loew's web site and they are no longer available.

Yesterday, I found rooms at Portofino for $202 with the FAN rate. The site showed a two queen bed Garden Room.

Today, the only Garden Room that shows up has a king bed...no queens! :(

What should I do? Do rooms come and go? Would I have a better chance of finding a great rate last minute or are rates usually higher? Our trip is not until mid July.

Yes, rooms come and go. Keep trying. Also, you may want to keep checking http://www.hotelkingdom.com

They often have sales and rooms when the Loews's website doesn't show any availablility. Hotelkingdom beat the APH rate for a Deluxe room at the PBH in March. We only paid $199/night through them.

You may want to try calling Loews or 1-800-BeAStar (Universal) to check your dates. They may show something that the website doesn't. It wouldn't hurt to try. :D You can also try expedia.com, I sometimes find decent rates through them. I booked HRH through them last year. Happy trip planning!

The problem with most of the sites, is that I can't key in the FAN code. Are there any other online web sites where I can do this?

Any other hotels that are outside of the Universal Resort hotels that give you a FOTL pass? I thought I read that one hotel gave those out.

Originally posted by Familyof14
The problem with most of the sites, is that I can't key in the FAN code. Are there any other online web sites where I can do this?

Any other hotels that are outside of the Universal Resort hotels that give you a FOTL pass? I thought I read that one hotel gave those out.

You can check Fan Club rates by going to Loews website or UniversalOrlando.com and using FAN as the promotional code. Just FAN, not the actual numeric code. I believe you can only check Fan Club rates on Loews & Universal's sites. Is that what you meant? I hope I answered your question. :D

Hmmm...I don't think any offsite hotels offer FOTL. Although you can buy a book of Express Passes when staying offsite. You can only use each pass one time. Then of course, they have the machines that distribute free Express Passes (like Disney's Fast Pass).

Hope this helps! :D

I went to book my rooms today on the Loew's web site and they are no longer available.

Yesterday, I found rooms at Portofino for $202 with the FAN rate. The site showed a two queen bed Garden Room.

Today, the only Garden Room that shows up has a king bed...no queens! :(

What should I do? Do rooms come and go? Would I have a better chance of finding a great rate last minute or are rates usually higher? Our trip is not until mid July.

Familyof14- I just checked your dates on the Loews site and a queen room bay view was available for $217 with the Fan club rate.

RescueRanger - Yes I know, but we had our hearts set on the Garden View room. That's a savings of $15! We're on a budget! :teeth: Seriously, that may have to do, but every little penny helps.

AllieKat - Yes, that is what I meant. I forgot to try the Universal site again. I wil try that and just keep checking them both.

What is the opinion of booking last minute?

RescueRanger - Yes I know, but we had our hearts set on the Garden View room. That's a savings of $15! We're on a budget! :teeth:

Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I check our dates every day to see if they have lowered. In fact, one of the days we had at $146 a night at RPR had lowered to $119 a night. I called and they changed it to the lower rate. If you go ahead and make ressies, just keep checking the site periodically to see if your first choice becomes available. They have cancellations all the time. Good luck!

Did you have any problem getting them to lower the rate? :)
This makes me feel better if I go ahead and book. I just hate to book and then have the prices go down in a month.

No, it was very easy. She checked availabilty and then applied the lower rate. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. I even joked with the reservationist that I was going to keep checking for even lower rates and she laughed and said that she would do the same thing.;)

I think you may be able to only change rates obtained through universal or loews, I don't believe you could change a rate gotten through expedia, hotel kingdom, quikbook, etc. Although if you do make a ressie through there, if you find one direct, you could always cancel that one, if they allow you to.

p.s. I have done the same thing before also and it was no big deal. My original ressie last year was full rack rate, then about 3 weeks later, after checking frequently, was able to change to ent rate for my stay. They were very happy to do so, and seemed actually as excited as I was. LOL. BTY, what date are you looking for?

:eek: I have been checking everyday since the Garden queen rooms disappeared to see if one became available at the FAN club rate of $202 that I had found.
As of this morning, the Bay queen's room was the only availability for the lower rate.
Just now, I decided to go ahead and book the Bay room. Guess what? The price has gone up from $217 to $279. :confused:
I just recieved my FAN club card in the mail and now it is no good. :(

Familyof14,
Don't get discouraged. I needed RPR Club level for 6/25-6/29 and I needed it with a discount. I found it one day and paged my DH to confirm our dates of travel, by the time I got back to the computer it was gone. I just kept checking and checking. I think I've read that if you book with loews and the rate comes down they will adjust your reservation. I did get what I was looking for by being persistant. I will think good thoughts for your trip also. good luck!!

Just keep checking back. The rates can change several times a day. I know last week when I booked, I checked on-line and called lowes directly and there were no rooms at a discount. I tried on line again about 4 hours later and found rooms at a discount and booked it. We are paying $209 for club at RPR the last week of Oct.

:eek: I have been checking everyday since the Garden queen rooms disappeared to see if one became available at the FAN club rate of $202 that I had found.
As of this morning, the Bay queen's room was the only availability for the lower rate.
Just now, I decided to go ahead and book the Bay room. Guess what? The price has gone up from $217 to $279. :confused:
I just recieved my FAN club card in the mail and now it is no good. :(

I just checked the website and the bayview is still there for 217. Did you maybe enter the wrong code for fan club. You might want to check again or call the hotel.

For what it's worth, my advice is to book a Bay View room. I know you're on a budget, but the Bay View rooms just have such a spectacular view. In fact, if Mike and I had it to do all over again, we'd have ditched the Deluxe Pool View and gone for the Bay instead. Ask for a room in the West Wing on the first floor (it seems a fair amount of the first floor rooms have a patio), and you're all set! If we ever stay at the PBH again, that's what we're doing!

I'm definately no expert but I booked our room a few days ago and when I checked a few days later the discounted rooms were gone! Actually a few of the days were showing totally booked.

Ditto on checking back. The availability changes all the time. I have to agree, bay view is just out of this world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter