Rope drop arrival times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krybandt

Mouseketeer
When we visit WDW next month, we will be going to whatever park has EMH that day. We will plan to arrive by opening time, staying through early afternoon, and possibly returning at night. We do not have park hoppers. We have decent FPs every day for our must do rides. Crowds should be moderate to high.

To take advantage of rope drop, how many minutes before opening would you arrive at security/bag check for each park? On EMH mornings, would you still arrive this early or is the rope drop crowd generally smaller for 8am openings? Thanks in advance.

When we visit WDW next month, we will be going to whatever park has EMH that day. We will plan to arrive by opening time, staying through early afternoon, and possibly returning at night. We do not have park hoppers. We have decent FPs every day for our must do rides. Crowds should be moderate to high.

To take advantage of rope drop, how many minutes before opening would you arrive at security/bag check for each park? On EMH mornings, would you still arrive this early or is the rope drop crowd generally smaller for 8am openings? Thanks in advance.
Most Parks at rope drop will have a decent crowd at the front entrance.
Once the park opens you will see the normal rush for the E-ticket rides.
The Park once inside will seem less crowded at first.
Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios I have heard from friend who has just come back seem to have the heavier crowds at Rope drop.
The CM's will slowly walk to Pandora or Toy story land, probably for safety to prevent guests running.

When we do Rope drop we normally get there around 30 minutes before official opening.
But our friends told us that AK opened on they're rope drop day 15 minutes before the official time.

Yeah...I'd get there by 730....and by there I mean the front gate thru security! We would always say we want to be early...and would leave the hotel by 700....and be lucky sometimes to be thru the gate at 8:15!!!LOL

To take advantage of rope drop,
1. how many minutes before opening would you arrive at security/bag check for each park?
2. On EMH mornings, would you still arrive this early or
3. is the rope drop crowd generally smaller for 8am openings?
1. 45-60 min. (Earlier at DAK.)
2. Yes, but subtract about 15-20 min.
3. The earlier the hour the fewer the guests, but at DAK all bets are off.

Yeah...I'd get there by 730....and by there I mean the front gate thru security! We would always say we want to be early...and would leave the hotel by 700....and be lucky sometimes to be thru the gate at 8:15!!!LOL

This is us exactly! 7:00am seems like it should be early enough, but we're always at the back of the crowd and rarely make rope drop. We'll shoot for leaving the room by 6:30-6:45, and even earlier for AK.

Thanks guys!

This is us exactly! 7:00am seems like it should be early enough, but we're always at the back of the crowd and rarely make rope drop. We'll shoot for leaving the room by 6:30-6:45, and even earlier for AK.

Thanks guys!

Do you take the bus? We'll be going to MK on a morning EMH day, and with the size/age of our party, a Disney bus is only option (staying at AoA). How early should we be at the bus stop (MK emh starts at 8am)?

Do you take the bus? We'll be going to MK on a morning EMH day, and with the size/age of our party, a Disney bus is only option (staying at AoA).

How early should we be at the bus stop (MK emh starts at 8am)?
6:30-ish.

Better to be far too early than to be one minute too late.

We're going in September... Any idea what time buses & boats could start running for 6 & 7am openings? (We'll be at BWV so we can walk to HS if need be) but we can't walk to AK or MK.

That is what I figured for EMH at MK bus times (6:30-ish), my DW and DD are not going to be too happy, but they know it has to be done. Especially since we are leaving MK early that day to rest up for DAH at DHS that night.

Thanks!

That is what I figured for EMH at MK bus times (6:30-ish), my DW and DD are not going to be too happy, but they know it has to be done. Especially since we are leaving MK early that day to rest up for DAH at DHS that night.

Same here. It seems (is!) so early, but I think we can handle it, especially if it means more attractions and less waiting! Plus, we're always able to get up and going easier when we're at Disney - it's Disney magic! :wizard:

For MK and EPCOT being at the tapstyles 30 minutes before opening should be good. That means arriving at least 15 minutes before that to get through security.
HS and AK, I would still be at the gate, not security, 60 mintues before EMH starts. While the line will be less than general openings, it will still be busy and get crowded very quickly. You will want to do SDD or FoP (depending on the park) right away. Those ines build quickly, so the reason to get there that early to be at the front of the lines.

We just got back. We arrived about 30-40 minutes before rope drop at all the parks.

At animal kingdom, they let people into Pandora and on to the rides at 7:30 on an 8 am opening day. We were able to ride Navi River and still rope drop Safari. I would arrive at AK at least 45-60 minutes before rope drop if you have any interest in heading to Pandora first thing.

For regular park openings I would say that at 30 mins before park open - is when the "flood gates" open. (ish)
For a 9am open if you are at bag check at 8:15 ish no problem -- but if you show up at bag check at 8:35 -- now you have a wait

We do RD everyday, but don't go too crazy. We leave the (onsite) room about an hour before park opening. We've done all the MEGA headliners, so if we miss one, it isn't a huge deal. So, when everyone is rushing for the shiny new attractions, we are walking towards our old favorites. We can usually walk on (or close to walk on) several rides in the morning, without getting to the parks an hour and a half earlier. If you are looking to do SDD or FoP in the morning, then it might be best to get there earlier.

This week Pandora rope dropped at 830 on Tuesday. That one and Hollywood Studios for Slinky Dog are the tougher rope drops that you should arrive earlier for.

A general rule is that the earlier the opening or the later a closer, the smaller the crowd. You won't notice smaller opening crowds until you get to 6am openings (NOT SWGE).

Currently (and this could change without notice, keep reading the boards for reports). AK is rope dropping 30ish minutes before an EMH or opening time. HS had been opening similarly, but last week RD was only 10 minutes early. MK & EP RD at EMH/opening time.

So, add 30 minutes on to that to get thru security, the ticket tap, & again a resort tap for AM EMH & possibly a restroom break. More if you want to get food or drink.

Morning EMH is more valuable when there are no FP's cutting in front of you that first hour. If its a regular opening time you'll also be contending with FP.

hi, we would like to do RD for FoP at the end of August. We have a car and would like to know what time the parking lots at AK are open so we can park around 7am and not have to Uber. Thank you.

BK

We got there around 7am for 8am EMH and the lot was open. We were towards the front of the line walking to FOP with a short wait. Have fun!

hi, we would like to do RD for FoP at the end of August. We have a car and would like to know what time the parking lots at AK are open so we can park around 7am and not have to Uber. Thank you.

BK
When Pandora first opened, we arrived at 6:30 for an 8 am opening (Yes, we were first!). The parking lots were open, with NO attendants. I don't believe that the parking lots ever actually close, but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter