Rope Drop Back at DHS?(!)

DizFan13

DIS Veteran
Forgive me if this is old news that I somehow missed before getting here, but DH and I are currently being held at a very traditional rope drop in Hollywood Studios.

We took the Skyliner from POP, arrived at about 8:05, were let straight through secueity and the taps, and are now in the mass group.

Forgive me if this is old news that I somehow missed before getting here, but DH and I are currently being held at a very traditional rope drop in Hollywood Studios.

We took the Skyliner from POP, arrived at about 8:05, were let straight through secueity and the taps, and are now in the mass group.
Not old news, thanks for sharing. People have reported rope drop returned at Epcot but yours is the first account I’ve seen at HS. Not surprising but I always hated HS rope drop so bummer :(

At 8:27, they played the welcome music, and a couple minutes later, we were led to the different areas of the park. Although it's not what I expected this trip, it is familiar in a comforting way.

We are in line at SDD, but the ride isn't running yet.

As a side note, a CM at the Skyliner told us they found out at their morning meeting that fully vaccinated cast members can opt out of wearing masks today. I don't know if that applies to all positions or only outdoor, but it has been great to see the smiles today. :love:

At 8:27, they played the welcome music, and a couple minutes later, we were led to the different areas of the park. Although it's not what I expected this trip, it is familiar in a comforting way.

We are in line at SDD, but the ride isn't running yet.

As a side note, a CM at the Skyliner told us they found out at their morning meeting that fully vaccinated cast members can opt out of wearing masks today. I don't know if that applies to all positions or only outdoor, but it has been great to see the smiles today. :love:

Our trip is next week and I've been wondering about this since I think I saw some rope drop changes mentioned in the "Just back" thread - could you tell what attraction had the biggest crowd? I've heard SDD but wondered if it would be something newer? Hopefully you're already riding SDD!

Sadly, SDD is being temperamental this morning. Still not running! We're waiting a bit longer, but because we're in this line I'm not sure what else is running or what the other lines are like.

We had the same experience. Was not expecting this.... but arrived at HS at 7:45, walked from BWv. We’re held in front of Chinese theater in a massive crowd on the street)we were at the front and arrived at SDD at 8:35, but at 9 they made the announcement the SDD would not open , so we went to MFSR which we rode with a 30 min wait in standby... and then a 0 min wait in single rider line.

I really wish they would tell people the ride isn’t opening at rope drop when you get in line for it. We had the same experience at Mickey and Minnie Rr last time. 2 wasted rope drops.

We had the same experience. Was not expecting this.... but arrived at HS at 7:45, walked from BWv. We’re held in front of Chinese theater in a massive crowd on the street)we were at the front and arrived at SDD at 8:35, but at 9 they made the announcement the SDD would not open , so we went to MFSR which we rode with a 30 min wait in standby... and then a 0 min wait in single rider line.

I really wish they would tell people the ride isn’t opening at rope drop when you get in line for it. We had the same experience at Mickey and Minnie Rr last time. 2 wasted rope drops.
What's MSFR, and are you confirming the return of single rider lines?

Melinium falcon smugglers run. And yes I am confirming the existence of single rider lines for this ride only.

I will also confirm there was NO single rider line for rock and roller coaster (I asked and it is not available).
Thanks!

Melinium falcon smugglers run. And yes I am confirming the existence of single rider lines for this ride only.

I will also confirm there was NO single rider line for rock and roller coaster (I asked and it is not available).

I’ll add literally 0 min wait in single rider for MFSR. There wasn’t even one person in front of our line and we got taken into groups immediately. My daughter went first and the group asked her if she would be a pilot and she was happy to (you usually get assigned engineer in single rider line). Then I went next(engineer) , then my DH and son got taken together (both got gunners and they were thrilled). I highly recommend single rider if you are willing to split your group (and willing to take whatever position that the other riders did not grab).

I’ll add literally 0 min wait in single rider for MFSR. There wasn’t even one person in front of our line and we got taken into groups immediately. My daughter went first and the group asked her if she would be a pilot and she was happy to (you usually get assigned engineer in single rider line). Then I went next(engineer) , then my DH and son got taken together (both got gunners and they were thrilled). I highly recommend single rider if you are willing to split your group (and willing to take whatever position that the other riders did not grab).

It might just be luck. But 5/5 times we did single rider at Disneyland for MFSR, we always rode together. We are usually a party of 3-4. We have never once been separated.This was pre-COVID.

We were also at DHS this morning and experienced the more traditional rope drop. Got to SDD, about 20 people back in line, only to have the announcement it was closed after waiting 30 minutes. Super frustrating. Went to RNR and waited for 50 minutes. Complete waste of a rope drop.

I use to be one of those rope drop people back in the day to try and maximize my day and ride as much as I can. However, this trip we decided to not rope drop and the last three days we have not gone into the parks until after 12pm and stayed until close and were able to do most of what we wanted to do and didn't feel like to get things and found some of the rides the times were shredded in half compared to what they were in the mornings. With the way things are going now there are no for sures when it comes to Rope Drop.

Is it common for SDD to not open right away?

I would love to know this too.

I was going to hopefully Rope Drop this August and head there first. haven’t rode it yet, line always incredibly long. But maybe just head to MFSR instead.

Is it common for SDD to not open right away?
This was not my family's experience. Our trip was 6/4 - 6/10. And SDD was open immediately when we RD. When we RD, we walked to HS and we were only like the 10th through 20th person in our line. So, near the front.

We were at HS today, and it was similar to what was posted for yesterday. They had different areas where people were held depending on which area they were going to. We were in the group in front of the Chinese theater. Around 8:30 they started letting people through and the group formed into a line. We probably had a 5-10minute wait. By the time we got off we walked through to Toy Story Land, and the wait for SDD was 90 minutes and that was a little before 9:00.

Even when it exists, that is rarely the best way to ride RnRC. I did it once and we got so crammed into that holding pen they had to run like 3 trains of only single riders to alleviate a very dangerous situation. 9 times out of 10 you're better off going through the regular line on that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter